Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome fab skills - 4WD turbo Mini project on youtube.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by george graves View Post
    BLAH! Do you know how many projects are done that end up being a total turd? I'm not saying they don't know what they are doing, they obviously do. The frame gig amazing, and was a key part of the build that many people over look. Others would have built on jack stands and called it a day, and ended up with a nice twisty frame.

.....I'm just saying, when you throw a Mini at Toyota Celica at terminal velocity, what's it going to drive like? My guess is a super short wheelbase Celica, with mini looks. That's all. And I'm not sure that's a good thing. Just something to think about.
    I don't think they would be happy/done until it drove exactly how they want.
    We're in deep now boys
    1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
    1988 340iL - Track car
    My M60 V8 swap thread here
    [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
      These guys are next level ocd.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      What if I told you that you don't have to be "OCD" or on any spectrum to do good work? :) Eheheh.

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
      I don't think they would be happy/done until it drove exactly how they want.
      But....when they are done, it's done??!?!? It's not like they can swap in another drive train. I think my question was legit.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

What if I told you that you don't have to be "OCD" or on any spectrum to do good work? :) Eheheh.
        They literally named their shop "Obsessive" Motorsport.

Comment

Good thing they didn't name it "OCD Motorsports", or I might have to to eat crow. Whoosh - that was close! So yea....but still. You don't have to have OCD to be obsessive.

Just like most autistic people aren't from Austin, TX. It's really simple math here people!!!! I don't know what the issues is!

/sarcasm Tis' just a joke. Tip your waitress.

Comment

Good thing they didn't name it "OCD Motorsports", or I might have to to eat crow. Whoosh - that was close! So yea....but still. You don't have to have OCD to be obsessive.

Just like most autistic people aren't from Austin, TX. It's really simple math here people!!!! I don't know what the issues is!

/sarcasm Tis' just a joke. Tip your waitress.
            lol, what is this autism joke all about? haha!

I do owe you a huge amount of gratitude either way because you were still the one to show me this series, which absorbed a lot of my time. lol

Comment

How this car drives when ‘completed’ is pretty irrelevant as no one here is ever going to drive it or probably even lay their own eyes on it. Just appreciate the series for what it is, some goddamn amazing fab work. They continually amaze me with the lengths they go to stuff a mini body on top of a Celica drivetrain.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                How this car drives when ‘completed’ is pretty irrelevant as no one here is ever going to drive it or probably even lay their own eyes on it. Just appreciate the series for what it is, some goddamn amazing fab work. They continually amaze me with the lengths they go to stuff a mini body on top of a Celica drivetrain.
                Or when they spend a few days fabbing something and then end up cutting that thing up to fit another thing. It's nuts.

Comment

The patience and determination are most impressive to me.

I also now love to tell people I use CAD to design parts for my car :D
                  '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                  Shadetree30

Comment

In episode 23 of Project Binky we fix a hole in the sump, modify a radiator, finish a lot of the wiring and make a bracket with brackets for the interior lig...
                    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Yes

Comment

I need a welder to fall from the sky, and 2 weeks of my calendar to open up. No scratch that - I have enough projects at the moment.

Comment

It's painted! And it's seriously cool.

In episode 33 of Project Binky we finally get some colour on the mini! As usual, nothing is straightforward and the paint job takes on a life of its own. Pai...

Comment

Project Binky - Episode 34 - Austin Mini GT-Four - Turbocharged 4WD Mini

In episode 34 of Project Binky we start the reassembly. But before it gets too exciting, we need some sound deadening, heat management and rust proofing. The...
                            Last edited by litu; 04-24-2021, 11:03 PM.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                            https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Working...
                            X