CCA Oktoberfest (Last Weekend)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCA Oktoberfest (Last Weekend)

Thinking of doing the last Saturday and Sunday for O'Fest next week, just wondering for those of you that have gone, is it worth paying the $65 registration fee if only going for two days? Is there a loop-hole to see and enjoy the event without paying the same price others are paying for the entire week?

What exactly happens at the location for O'Fest? Is it a car show? Vendors?

First timer here, just weighing options
    If I had to live my life over, I'd live over a Saloon" - WC Fields

Garage
    1991 325i
    1972 R75/5 Cafe

I just got back from there, read what I posted in the other thread. You need to be a BMWCCA member to do the events, or else it costs even more money. It's not so much of a car show, it's many activities including TrackTime and banquet dinners etc. all the events have a price tag on them, there are very few people on this forum that are actually members of the BMWCCA, it's a great organization and I'm actually a part of it.
    It's a bit of a different crowd from what you maybe used to in the BMW (non M3) "E30 scene" :p

Comment

So I'll be attending what is known as Dorkfest, may get some track time in my buddy's clownshoe but, it remains to be determined.
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I'll see you guys up there. Hit me up we should have a drink or toke.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Btw guys, we're leaving at 3am saturday, I'm sure y'all aren't looking to sacrifice that much but, the track opens around 8:30 - 9:00 am, sooo........

Comment

Originally posted by Lee22 View Post
            I just got back from there, read what I posted in the other thread. You need to be a BMWCCA member to do the events, or else it costs even more money. It's not so much of a car show, it's many activities including TrackTime and banquet dinners etc. all the events have a price tag on them, there are very few people on this forum that are actually members of the BMWCCA, it's a great organization and I'm actually a part of it.
            It's a bit of a different crowd from what you maybe used to in the BMW (non M3) "E30 scene" :p
            Thanks for the info! I'm a CCA member as well, booked an airbnb for Saturday night, but I'm just hoping I'm not going to drive up to O'Fest and it basically be nothing at all. As I don't plan to track my car at all, was hoping they'd have some of the older race cars on display somewhere or some fun vendors of sorts. I know the BMW NA Dinner is on Saturday night, but honestly a hotel food banquet for $65 a person isn't worth the money.

Planning to take PCH up early Saturday morning, may try to pop into San Fran Sunday afternoon for a quick visit (time permitting, we'll see how lazy I am).

Garage
            1991 325i
            1972 R75/5 Cafe

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
              Btw guys, we're leaving at 3am saturday, I'm sure y'all aren't looking to sacrifice that much but, the track opens around 8:30 - 9:00 am, sooo........

Damn, super early! I'll be heading out with the lady around 6:00 A.M., probably will get up there by 11, taking the long way up.

Lets definitely plan a meetup perhaps Saturday night while were all there. Would anyone be interested in having a small meet?

Garage
              1991 325i
              1972 R75/5 Cafe

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerR75 View Post
                Damn, super early! I'll be heading out with the lady around 6:00 A.M., probably will get up there by 11, taking the long way up.

Lets definitely plan a meetup perhaps Saturday night while were all there. Would anyone be interested in having a small meet?
                We should definitely meet up once we're up there. Drinks or just a drive sounds great. My cell is (323)309-9232

Comment

Thanks for the info! I'm a CCA member as well, booked an airbnb for Saturday night, but I'm just hoping I'm not going to drive up to O'Fest and it basically be nothing at all. As I don't plan to track my car at all, was hoping they'd have some of the older race cars on display somewhere or some fun vendors of sorts. I know the BMW NA Dinner is on Saturday night, but honestly a hotel food banquet for $65 a person isn't worth the money.

Planning to take PCH up early Saturday morning, may try to pop into San Fran Sunday afternoon for a quick visit (time permitting, we'll see how lazy I am).
                  Did you try for the Beach party?

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                    See you there....bring your lungs.

Comment

We out here!

Garage
                      1991 325i
                      1972 R75/5 Cafe

Comment

Good times this weekend gents, We should try to maybe have our own e30 event in CA. Rally up to some town like Carmel.....could be fun if we could rally the troops

Garage
                        1991 325i
                        1972 R75/5 Cafe

Comment

Good times this weekend gents, We should try to maybe have our own e30 event in CA. Rally up to some town like Carmel.....could be fun if we could rally the troops
                          Nice seeing you and your gf up in Carmel. Would be great if we can get more enthusiasts together for these sorts of things. Maybe try for a BBQ @ Point Mugu ?

Comment

Originally posted by ClassiE30 View Post
                            Nice seeing you and your gf up in Carmel. Would be great if we can get more enthusiasts together for these sorts of things. Maybe try for a BBQ @ Point Mugu ?

That could be fun, lets put something together maybe for October?

Garage
                            1991 325i
                            1972 R75/5 Cafe

Comment

That could be fun, lets put something together maybe for October?
                              I'm down

Comment

Working...
                              X