Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    ambitious start!... keep the progress going

Will do, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great start!

Comment

Got the seats sold and while I was in the area, I linked up with a guy and bought an oil pan to replace mine that the previous owner JB welded. Going to get the oil pan gasket on order tonight along with a few other things. Too bad it’s right during the holiday week, so delivery is going to be very slow.

Comment

I will never understand why BMW designed the M20 oil pan like they did, it was a disaster waiting to happen.
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
            I will never understand why BMW designed the M20 oil pan like they did, it was a disaster waiting to happen.

“German Engineering” [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Ambitious! Subscribed.
              Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
              1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
              Palm Beach County

Comment

Great thread. Did you pull the engine/tranny yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
                  Great thread. Did you pull the engine/tranny yourself?

Yeah I pulled it myself. I had to call my buddy over once it it was pretty much out so he could pull the engine hoist backwards while I stood in the bay and slightly lifted the tranny to clear the radiator support

Comment

Nice work OP!

Looks like the logical way to tackle this to me. With the engine out work on the subframe and steering rack has to be much easier.
                    1991 318iC
                    1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
                      Nice work OP!

Looks like the logical way to tackle this to me. With the engine out work on the subframe and steering rack has to be much easier.
                      Agreed, that is how I did mine. Sooo much easier to replace everything with the pesky engine out of the way!
                      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
                        Nice work OP!

Exactly! Everything is right in front of you and accessible

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                          Agreed, that is how I did mine. Sooo much easier to replace everything with the pesky engine out of the way!

Yup that was my thinking, plus I wanted to go over absolutely everything since the previous owner did not take good care of the car. I wish I took pictures of it when I went to go. View it and buy it! It had been sitting under a car cover on the side of his house for a long time.

Comment

Dropped the valve cover and intake manifold off today to be powder coated, so should get those back by the 27th he said! The machine shop was closed today when I called, and will be through the 26th so I shot them a email and Facebook message to try and drop off my head first thing when they open.

Also, spent some money on Turner Motorsport’s website in preparation for getting the head back. Got a timing belt, tensioner, water pump, power steering and alternator belts, oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, and head gasket kit which includes pretty much everything for the top end. Once again, the holidays should push out this delivery closer to the start of the new year

Comment

Couple things happened today! This morning the guy from my car club who powdercoated my valve cover and intake manifold dropped them off at my house. I love the way they turned out, he did a great job and only a two day turnaround.

Here’s a little before and after

Then I quick made the drive to drop my head off at the machine shop. The owner was a really cool guy who’s been building spec E30’s for drivers for 20 years now. Caught him at a great time, in between race seasons so hopefully he’ll be able to get my head done! Going to do a valve job, resurface, inspection and cleaning.

Said he’d start on it today and call me when he has an update!

Comment

Which machine shop? I’ve been looking for someone local for when I build my S50.

Comment

Working...
                                X