My e30 DTM car copy build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major View Post
    I struggle to see the logic behind giving any female a Hummer, or a 4x4 for that matter. :p They are the greatest peril on the roads today.

Yes , I prefer women giving me hummers .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Very nice work! I am looking to create a similar design when I install my cage. I like the way you are tying in the diff and rear subframe mounting points.

Comment

I miss "bumbners"

Subscribed.
        Reminiscing...

Comment

Let's set this straight
          bnumbners is NOT chicken wire boy.
          Bnumbners = erick/rwdrift picking up myspace chicks
          Chickenwire= some random toolbag with teh razors suspension.

teaguer: we got the joke on the first post :-*

and on the subject of reinforcing the rear shock mounts: I agree, it even lends the possiblity or running true rear coil overs down the road.

Julien
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

heres some photos of the driver A pillar bar. Hopefully this week i Get the sheet metal gussets fabricated so that the drivers side door car wil be completly done.

The Subframe tie in is almost done.

I wanna go Fast

Comment

so why an S14? Im curious to why you chose that motor as suppose to other common swaps that are available?
              Toyota Pickup

Comment

Damn, you have been workin' you ass off since I saw it last...
                and this project is legit, not any of that chicken wire bullshit...
                Originally posted by NavyE30
                I saw Vlad was posting and got excited. Then I saw there weren't any boobs and was sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Janissarie View Post
                  nice project bro, looking forward for more pics

who is bending and welding for you
                  The welding is being done by me

Since everyone knows im going to be running ap racing brakes a balance bar is needed. So im going to be running floor mount pedals too. AS bill stated no corner will be cut and I'm building everything to a very high standered

Originally posted by MikeK View Post
                  so why an S14? Im curious to why you chose that motor as suppose to other common swaps that are available?
                  Mainly becuase i want to learn the car before i go for crazy power levels. Its getting built and should be putting down between 250 and 275 wheel. Carbonfiber airbox. MS cams, JE dtm copy pistons. Knife edged crank, and if i can located on over next summer a Grp A Cylinderhead. Dry sumped motor, with a custom front subframe to lower the motor I should then be putting down 275 wheel hp easy and since the car will weigh less then 2200 LB it will be more then fast enough.

Right now im more concerned with getting the car built then dialed in. Once thats done i will do a DTM tubular trailing arm set up with adjustable rear roll center, and cockpiut adjustable sway bars. Then i will start building a bmw v8.
                  Last edited by ///meric; 10-10-2007, 09:33 AM.
                  I wanna go Fast

Comment

Originally posted by ///meric View Post
                    AS bill stated no corner will be cut and I'm building everything to a very high standered
                    I'd like to buy this, except seeing the rollbar being bent by driving over it with a car removes all credibility.
                    Below the radar...

Comment

ah ok, my bad. ///meric is NOT the dude in CO. He is the guy who posted pics of AP racing calipers not fitting into a bottlecap wheel, saying they were the brakes we want, but cannot afford.

Well, good luck with your project.

Originally posted by whysimon
                      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                        I'd like to buy this, except seeing the rollbar being bent by driving over it with a car removes all credibility.
                        VSR uses a range rover, don't they?

-Charlie
                        Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                        '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                        FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                          VSR uses a range rover, don't they?

-Charlie

We use only the finest German hammers and blowtorches to bend tube.

The design of the cage looks decent (you obviously picked a good design to copy) but... work on your fabrication techniques. It's totally unacceptable to weld a tube straight to the chassis. (there are exceptions to this, but not where you did)

You probably shouldn't be using 4130 either...

Comment

Is there anything wrong with 4130, as long as you GTAW it?

Originally posted by whysimon
                            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

gnarly!
                              -Brandon
                              sigpic

Comment

It's overkill. There is a really good discussion of metal selection in Engineer to Win by Carroll Smith.

Comment

Working...
                                X