Question about M42 HQ Autosport COP kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about M42 HQ Autosport COP kit

Anyone using the HQ Autosport COP kit know the height of the spacer that is placed in between the adapter plate and the valve cover? Also, the specs of the stud that the spacer sits in?

I'm buying a lightly used set from someone, but he left the mentioned pieces on the M42 when he sold the car... Paul at HQ Autosport is not responding to my e-mail.. I'm trying to source these items at my local hardware store.

Any help would be appreciated!

I have this kit brand new sitting in my parts stash. I'll take a look here in about 30 mins and hopefully have an answer for you.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
    '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by fresh_TD View Post
      I have this kit brand new sitting in my parts stash. I'll take a look here in about 30 mins and hopefully have an answer for you.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
      Thank you

Comment

I emailed HQ Autosport a couple of weeks ago and the spacer is a 1/2" nylon spacer.

I'm pretty sure they'll be in bins at ACE or copperstate though. Because 100 pieces is 98 more than you'll need. Could possibly opt for a billet option too

Comment

Originally posted by r3vRios View Post
          I emailed HQ Autosport a couple of weeks ago and the spacer is a 1/2" nylon spacer.

I'm pretty sure they'll be in bins at ACE or copperstate though. Because 100 pieces is 98 more than you'll need. Could possibly opt for a billet option too
          Awesome thank you! Do you know if there's a rubber washer piece that goes under that nylon spacer? I got a blurry view of the instruction manual and it seemed like it was there to dampen the vibration a bit?

Anyways, thank you for that info, picking them up tonight.

Comment

Working...
          X