FS: Wiring for fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Wiring for fuel pump

I am just starting my wiring for 89 320i -> 89 S38, looking for some quick help.

What is the bare minimum to get the car to start? I hooked up the following so far:

both power lines (green #6 and #7)
    starter line, (black/yellow #18)
    fuel pump (violet red #13)

Engine turns over, sparks, but will not start.

I tested for power at the #13 and none is going thru ever, this is obviously the problem but is there something else I am missing to get the DME to send power to the fuel pump?
    www.eurowinnipeg.com
    www.E30S38.com
    E30 Mtec2-S38 | V10 TDI treg | E34 M5 | E39 M5 | Corrado turbo VR6

The fuel pump relay...

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Thanks but fuel pump relay was working before it was removed from the E34, also there is no power going to the relay anyways, its the DME not sending the power out. Just not sure why, DME is working in my other M5.
      www.eurowinnipeg.com
      www.E30S38.com

Comment

DME doesn't send power to the relay. the FP relay gets power from the main relay, the DME simply grounds it to switch it on.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          DME doesn't send power to the relay. the FP relay gets power from the main relay, the DME simply grounds it to switch it on.
          Thanks, thats how I understood it, but doenst the DME send power instead of a ground to the fuel power relay? Guess I got that backwards. When does the main relay get its power from and turned on?
          www.eurowinnipeg.com
          www.E30S38.com

Comment

Ok, spent sometime on this, this afternoon. Fuel pump relay gets power, and if I ground the brown wire at the relay (the one that is suppose to come from DME) the fuel pump turns on. So definitely the DME is not telling the fuel pump to go on for some reason.

Any ideas?
            www.eurowinnipeg.com
            www.E30S38.com

Comment

Working...
            X