Can pick up a S54 cheap, what say you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can pick up a S54 cheap, what say you?

Alright guys I have a line on a 2004 S54 w/ 18K on it. Includes 6-speed, subframe, all accesories, harness, ECU etc. I really want to put this in my E30. Do you think another 5K would make this a running car? I am decent at this stuff but converting the car to run stand alone (motec) is above my skill of electrical install. I know you will say do the S5X but this engine is actually cheaper!! Let me know what you all think.

a.

anyone who says no is a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.
    im not sure about the 5k making it running, but as long as you dont plan on doing this to your only E30 or DD car, time and money will make it worth it..
    wow. it would be an amazing car. especially with those miles and 6spd setup.

Comment

If you want to sell the S54 with tranny, I may have a buyer for you.

Comment

It wouldnt be on my DD so it doesnt matter how long it is down for. I really want it but I also dont want to be stuck with it when I cant get it to run and I am throwing stupid money at it. I would be uber cool though.

Comment

I have heard there is a main bearing recall on some of the S54's. Not sure about the details of the recall but you might want to do some research before having to rebuild a motor that you would think is fine otherwise.

I read about the recall at both s14.net and Bf.c several months ago

Comment

Didnt effect 2004 motors as it was fixed by then.

Comment

Cool good to know!!

I had just read it and it didn't have any details about the recall in the threads at that time.

Comment

The deal is almost too good to pass up, I could even turn a profit on it if I chicken out. Lets hear some more opinions on this!!

Comment

Just spoke with the seller again and he said he will even include keys, diff etc. Man I am almost sceptical of this as being too good.

Comment

Can he provide compression test? Proof of it being a running motor? Was the car in a bad crash?

Comment

If you decide not to go this route, please post it up for those interested. (Not that I am or anything)
                      Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Just spoke with him again and things are getting alittle shady as in he doesnt have a paypal account when he has been a Ebay user for 2 plus years and it even says paypal in his ad. and he said to send him a check. Oh well too good to be true I guess. Everything seemed to be checking out just fine but I guess I got spooked.
                        Just so you guys know it was 3K shipped for it, if it was real it would have been a hell of a deal.

Comment

yeah steer clear of that one...
                          PNW Crew
                          90 m3
                          06 m5

Comment

Yes it would have been. I would have easily paid $5000 for it, just for a spare for my M3.

Comment

Ha yeah delusions of grandure me with a S54 E30 with Alpina goodies. Oh well I think it would have been too much work and money to get it right. S52 OBD1 and some nice bolt ons will have to fit the bill :)

Comment

Working...
                              X