New rear adjustable Camber/Toe design.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So 190$ for camber and toe?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I am so on that this week!!!
      Chris Leone
      chrisleonemotorsports.com
      rollcages and fabrication
      Remember cross threading is the only thing stronger than loctite!!

Comment

So where the fuck was this 2 months ago god damit.

The only reason why I did not get the old kit was because I could not be fucked adjusting it all the time because of the slip.
        sigpic

Comment

I really like this design, although it only needs the saw tooth on the bolt side of the pivot. One would hold is adequately. My eccentrics do not slip over the year of racing, though, but I may change to this this winter anyway. Chuck

Comment

Ordered!!!
            Chris Leone

Comment

Do you guys have a set for us 2002 guys? Can I just use the e30 set? I compared the 2002 and e30 eccentric set ups and they are almost the same. I think the 2002 set up just had a bit more adjustment.

Edit:
              Just checked the store, and yes you guys do. I will be picking these up for my rear sub frame. I need a set of strait control arms for the back. Mine are bent :(
              sigpic
              "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Very nice. These look far more likely to stay in place and far easier to adjust.

I have set of the old type. I installed them with the bolt near the subframe bushing snd tried it again with the nut near the subframe bushing. Both were a bear to adjust and the subject of much cussing. Also, one of the toe adjusters just absolutely would not stay fixed until I modded the darn thing.

If this kit works well, it will save a person many hours of frustration.

I crunched my race car a couple weeks ago so am building another. If my old subframe is bent I'll be buying this kit and installing it on the new subframe.
                www.Gress.org

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing. -E. Burke

NASA SpecE30 #6, BMWCCA #161
                sigpic

Comment

I have seen these searated plates for datsun 510's and wonderd why anybody had not came up with these for our car yet. the datsun has the same kind of rear subframe that the e30's have.

Comment

I have mine installed on the subframe, went on nice. Needed to build a bit of reinforcement between the blocks.
                    Chris Leone

Comment

^Pics???

Comment

The feedback has been nice so far.

Be interesting how you chose to reinforce the setup Chris.

Kevin of DTR Performance just put them on his One-Lap E30 and was kind enough to take some pictures.
                        Specializing in Classic and Muscle Car Restorations and Performance Upgrades.

The opposing toothed lock-bracket in which the bolt threads into has been heat treated to be strong enough to withstand the forces it will encounter, however it looks like Kevin threw on a lock nut just in case (for those that would like to do that, it's a 12x1.5 stover locknut)

Seth at Midnight Oil Motors in San Diego has them on a few Spec-E30 cars as well.

*one note is that on the Z3 the added adjuster length get's pretty close to the underbody, on those they've just ground down the edges for a bit more clearance.
                        Last edited by SkiFree; 02-09-2012, 02:25 PM.
                        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

These look solid. Whats the max degree of camber these can offer?
                          THE ACURA TL PROJECT

BUFF ENUFF? STYLE.OVER.COMFORT

DURTY 3ER///STYLE.OVER.COMFORT

Comment

So this has peaked my interest. Would using these in conjunction with a 12mm raised subframe be overkill?
                            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by penneroyal View Post
                              These look solid. Whats the max degree of camber these can offer?
                              I've yet to see someone come even close to maxing them out. To get a better perspective I snapped a picture of the eccentric and the posi-lock brackets. Actual maximum degree of camber/toe is going to vary on where the welder puts the brackets on and if the arms are already bent, etc.

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                              So this has peaked my interest. Would using these in conjunction with a 12mm raised subframe be overkill?
                              In terms of max adjustment it's going to be overkill, however what you might be looking for is going to be relatively small incremental changes as the short subframe bushings (while a good idea) do not automatically equal perfect camber/toe. Frankly both the eccentric and posi-lock style adjusters will both do what you want.
                              Last edited by SkiFree; 02-17-2012, 11:39 AM.
                              ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Hopefully Iam doing this right!

Chris Leone

Comment

Working...
                                X