• Show
Clear All

Yea, what happened??
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

This makes me sad... I hope you can save her. What happened?
      '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
      '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
        Goddamn man. That makes me sad :(
        Originally posted by Luke Girard View Post
        Oh no! That sucks man. I hope you're able to fix it.
        Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
        Drunk driver smash and run? Time to start looking for a new chassis sorry to see the pain.
        Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        Nah that looks fixable. Perfect excuse for some shiny new paint
        Originally posted by Echo30V View Post
        Oh snap, did not see that coming. Fix that.
        Originally posted by Austin! View Post
        Anything is fixable if you throw enough money and/or time at it. Sometimes, the juice isn't worth the squeeze, but that's Steven's call to make.
        Originally posted by efficient View Post
        Sorry for your loss but what's the story behind the wreck?
        Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Yea, what happened??
        Originally posted by Codym42 View Post
        This makes me sad... I hope you can save her. What happened?
        Sorry guys, I got busy and forgot to check back. A truck was driving down my street and the driver fell asleep at the wheel and slammed into my car, pushing it up onto the curb.

As far as saving it, I'm not sure. We'll see what the insurance decides to do. I looked at the damages in person for the first time today and it's pretty bad -- worse than the pictures make it out to be. With that said, if they total the car I likely won't fix it just because I'm not sure how I feel about dropping so much more money into a salvage title.

I'll update further with what happens with the insurance as I'm sure I've got quite the battle ahead of me.

Feedback!
        Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
        Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
          Sorry guys, I got busy and forgot to check back. A truck was driving down my street and the driver fell asleep at the wheel and slammed into my car, pushing it up onto the curb.

As far as saving it, I'm not sure. We'll see what the insurance decides to do. I looked at the damages in person for the first time today and it's pretty bad -- worse than the pictures make it out to be. With that said, if they total the car I likely won't fix it just because I'm not sure how I feel about dropping so much more money into a salvage title.

I'll update further with what happens with the insurance as I'm sure I've got quite the battle ahead of me.
          Damn, that sucks. Cars are replaceable, people arent. I think its best to fight to get the most money you can and then use that to get something new. Might be worth buying the E30 back too and parting it out, especially if you plan to get another E30.

Theres some decent priced verts in the Bring a Trailer thread and those are documented sales, so Id definitely use that. My guess is they will offer you ~$2500 +/- $500 and you'll have to fight, but should be able to get north of $5k
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Damn, that sucks. Cars are replaceable, people arent. I think its best to fight to get the most money you can and then use that to get something new. Might be worth buying the E30 back too and parting it out, especially if you plan to get another E30.

Theres some decent priced verts in the Bring a Trailer thread and those are documented sales, so Id definitely use that. My guess is they will offer you ~$2500 +/- $500 and you'll have to fight, but should be able to get north of $5k
            I agree. I think their initial offer will be quite low. I'm going to go in as high as possible and I'm really hoping I can get around 6-8k and buy it back to part out. Haven't really thought about my next steps after that. But thanks for the bring a trailer idea !

Feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
              I agree. I think their initial offer will be quite low. I'm going to go in as high as possible and I'm really hoping I can get around 6-8k and buy it back to part out. Haven't really thought about my next steps after that. But thanks for the bring a trailer idea !
              Here are the 325i verts that sold from this year, no more than about 8 months old. I removed the ones that didnt meet the reserve and the one that had a S52.

1990 325i Convertible SOLD on 9/18/17 for $7,300
              Bid for the chance to own a 1990 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,937.

1987 325i Convertible SOLD on 8/21/17 for $15,750
              Bid for the chance to own a 44K-Mile 1987 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,515.

1990 325i convertible SOLD on 5/1/17 for $12,000
              Bid for the chance to own a 52K-Mile 1990 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #4,030.

1989 325i Convertible SOLD on 3/8/17 for $8,200
              Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1989 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #3,405.

Thats an average price of about $10,800! definitely aim for 6-8k
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

With the value these cars are bringing vs the value the insurance companies are giving out for basic coverage. People should really really be on an agreed value policy or collectors insurance. You’re crazy to not have it. If this was on a policy like that. For say 20 grand you’d have it fixed for the price of your deductible.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Here are the 325i verts that sold from this year, no more than about 8 months old. I removed the ones that didnt meet the reserve and the one that had a S52.

1990 325i Convertible SOLD on 9/18/17 for $7,300
                  Bid for the chance to own a 1990 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,937.

1987 325i Convertible SOLD on 8/21/17 for $15,750
                  Bid for the chance to own a 44K-Mile 1987 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,515.

1990 325i convertible SOLD on 5/1/17 for $12,000
                  Bid for the chance to own a 52K-Mile 1990 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #4,030.

1989 325i Convertible SOLD on 3/8/17 for $8,200
                  Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1989 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #3,405.

Thats an average price of about $10,800! definitely aim for 6-8k
                  Oh shit thanks for that! I'll definitely send those to my insurance company. (They're fighting it for me!)

Feedback!

Comment

Fuck that. Fix it. Make it nice again. Trust me on this
                    sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Any updates? Saw you're selling the S50, does that mean the car is going as well?
                      ▲ 1991 318is ▲ | Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by The_Lope7 View Post
                        Any updates? Saw you're selling the S50, does that mean the car is going as well?
                        Unfortunately, yes.

I contemplated wide body for awhile but with living in San Francisco and not having a garage, it's not something I really have time or space to do. Obviously it's a shitty situation but it's time for a new chapter, I'll get another Calypso vert in the future. For now I'll probably pick up a 135i or something a tad bit newer to DD. Hopefully in a years time I'll have the garage space to get another!

Thanks everyone for following along with the story, it's been a great ride and I've learned so much! If you've seen any part on the build you'd like to buy, send me a PM. I'm going to sell everything for pretty good prices to try and give back to the community in some small way.

Feedback!

Comment

Damn sad to hear. Looking forward to the next project!
                          ▲ 1991 318is ▲ | Feedback Thread

Comment

Working...
                          X