Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Charlie-Zinno 85 325e

Hello!
    So I started a thread on this car a while back but for the life of me cannot find it/I was in the wrong mindset when creating it so it is not as thorough as I would've liked it to be, hence, this new thread.
    On a nice morning on May 17th, 2014, I bought my first e30! A 1985 Zinno 325e coupe. I named it Charlie after my favorite TV show It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Ok, now onto business. I bought it as a summer project car and boy it really sure is a project car The PO did an awful bumper tuck and straightpiped it with the most heinous exhaust I have seen in my life and it is rather hard to breathe when the car is idling lol I knew it needed some bodywork which is what I was planning on doing before I even saw the car. It does, however, need:

Rear Hub/Bearing, Valve Adjustment, Tbelt, Thermostat, Waterpump, Valve Adjustment, Catalytic Converter/Rear section, Wheels, Tires, Kick panel, clutch/pressure plate, headliner, and some cosmetic stuff here and there

My future plans for this car include:
    -All maintenance mentioned above
    -Mtech 1 kit
    -Front and rear Euro Bumpers
    -Mtech 1 Steering Wheel
    -Basketweaves
    -S52 Swap
    -Some new seats (ebay racing seats are fine honestly)
    -And again, some cosmetic stuff here and there (z3 antenna, rear deck dye, boots/shifter)

That is all for now! I currently have the Guibo, CSB, Tbelt kit (waterpump,seals, thermostat etc.)

here is another thread where my wheel fell off while driving..why I need a new hub/bearing

Here is a video to the engine while running, please chime in and let me know if that ticking is just the m20 wanting a valve adjustment (might be hard to hear due to awful straightpipe)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sam_; 07-23-2014, 04:48 PM.

1991 325i
    flickr
    @sambhaskins

some more pics-
    Attached Files

1991 325i
    flickr
    @sambhaskins

Comment

Wow that's one way to eliminate the curling on the bumper surround!

I have an eta too...my plans are similar (euro it out).

Comment

Originally posted by smhskns View Post
        it is rather hard to breathe when the car is idling

Lol. Welcome to forum... Seems like she needs some love, but it seems like she's a good platform. good luck. Feel free to ask questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by flyboyx
        how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
        Originally posted by Northern
        beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
        Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
        Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
        '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
        Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

ONLY UPDATE AS OF NOW WHILE I WAIT FOR CLUTCH KIT

1991 325i
          flickr
          @sambhaskins

Comment

another little update that I forgot I had coming !

1991 325i
            flickr
            @sambhaskins

Comment

Hello! So I have made some progress with the car and figured I would update you guys on it.

While I have been unable to drive it, I have been able to spend a lot of time figuring out how I want the car to look when it is "complete". However, I have also I have been ordering parts but do not have the money to buy tools to install them...so I remain without a car that is safe to drive but at least I can do some things here and there!

My sisters 1993 Volvo 940 Turbo has been occupying the carport at my house despite the fact it has not been turned on since 2005. So today I finally put an end to it and donated it to a local organization so I would have some spaced to work on my car..

After that, the postal service came with my exterior r/l weatherstripping. It will be installed tomorrow. Here is a pic of my dog with new weatherstripping.

So I decided that today I was going to spend my afternoon painting my very faded/quite awful chrome trim black. So the long process of masking each side began...

to this

and I finally got to painting... I used a basic rattle can of rust-o figured it would do the trick and it did

Took a pizza and beer break because why not ;D

I will upload some pics tomorrow of it completed but I was wanting to make a post tonight for the sake of updating. I also have new rotor locating screws, roundels, and feeler gauge/bentley coming in the mail so I can hit some of these repairs with minimal cost to my wallet...still waiting on funds to replace my hub/bearing as well as clutch, t/o bearing, and pressure plate.

Also, I bought the car with an Oil Pressure light on but saw no signs of shitty engine/low pressure so I'm thinking it might be a clogged oil filter which set the light off and in turn might have caused this leak

Until next time !

1991 325i
              flickr
              @sambhaskins

Comment

Charlie huh? ... I call mine the Aluminum Monster ;) Does your sister know you got rid of her car? Pics of sister? Did you sand the trim at all before you sprayed it ? Pics of the final product? Whats your favorite episode of Always Sunny? Favorite pic of Charlie (car or character)?
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Pics of sister?

how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?

Comment

haha yes she knows it's gone. that thing hadn't been started since 2005 lol. I did not sand the trim but I did clean it and use some good paint adhesion spray when I was prepping. also, because I am currently very unhappy with the state of Charlie I have no nice photos but once I get some weaves and my Es valence I'll definitely post some!! (favorite episode is probably the night man cometh lol it's my ringtone)

but I'm very happy with the trim!! no over spray and it looks great except I fucked up a part on the driverside back window which is clearly visible

doing the weather stripping right now and I plan on getting the hub fixed this week so I can drive it to Castros for the clutch job haha

1991 325i
                    flickr
                    @sambhaskins

Comment

any diy on replacing the outer weather strip??

1991 325i
                      flickr
                      @sambhaskins

Comment

was going to do valve adjustment today but this was getting in the way...

could anyone tell me what this guy is ?

1991 325i
                        flickr
                        @sambhaskins

Comment

Project Charlie-Zinno 85 325e

They are something regarding wiring (sorry I don't remember what exactly, I'll check the Bentley book later and let you know exactly what it does). you can pull them off but if you do, mark which one goes with which, because if you flip them, it will not start. You could just pull the bracket it's on, off. It's like 2 bolts then just zip tie it out of the way and pull the valve cover off. That's what I did.0

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                            They are something regarding wiring (sorry I don't remember what exactly, I'll check the Bentley book later and let you know exactly what it does). you can pull them off but if you do, mark which one goes with which, because if you flip them, it will not start. You could just pull the bracket it's on, off. It's like 2 bolts then just zip tie it out of the way and pull the valve cover off. That's what I did.0

thanks man! I appreciate the help!

p.s. don't sell your car!

1991 325i
                            flickr
                            @sambhaskins

Comment

Originally posted by smhskns View Post
                              thanks man! I appreciate the help!

p.s. don't sell your car!

No problem man.

Lol I decided to hold onto her. Gonna throw a 2.7 rack, 5 lug swap and S50/2 it.

Comment

Working...
                              X