No announcement yet.

Norwegian Drift-30 '86 325 Turbo drift build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a bit of sanding done yesterday, aswell as removing the windows and all the door trims.
    I also got a hold of a rotisserie that I will hopefully be picking up early next week!

Last edited by Sturifto; 07-17-2014, 11:43 PM.
    My 325 Turbo drift build thread

Comment

MIMs on the front?? I do like them.. have fun on the build!!
      Now with 2.7i power!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaE View Post
        MIMs on the front?? I do like them.. have fun on the build!!
        I honestly havnt got a clue what they are. I got the full set with the car, but I havnt really gotten to a point where I'm looking at the rims yet.. But they will defo get a paintjob when the time comes, they're pretty light, which is nice. :)

Comment

Got a bit done today, not as much as I had hoped though. The steering arms and stuff were all stuck in my struts, so I had to saw them off.. and we had some trouble getting the oil pan out, so we decided to try extracting the engine and gearbox as-is, without taking it apart. Hopefully that will be easy.

Comment

Finally got the engine out today, aswell as some general disassembly and sanding.

I ditched the idea of disassembling the gearbox first and rather decided to drop the steering rack and the rest of the front suspension to shimmy it all out.

Here's the engine bay now.

A bit of rust on the wheel well.

One of my lackeys, hard at work.

Comment

Some more pictures from today. :)

Front suspension and all that jazz out.

Footwells from inside.. Dat rust..

Cleaned up the inside a bit with my air blower. Looks better without all the dang dirt in there.

My other lackey working.

Someone's getting a little too comfortable! :loco:

Now It's mostly sanding and cutting left, before we go hard on the welding.. Gonna need a ton of plates.. :)

Comment

Did some grinding today, in the front right wheel well. Not as much rust as I had thought, thank god.

There was some around the frontern end, and the rear end. Nothing in the rest!

Picture taken before I was finished, but you get the idea :)

Comment

Nothing done, or will be done this weekend.

We have the in-laws over.
                  Also, does anyone know of a person or business anywhere who does wiring harnesses? I basically want to get mine stripped to the bare minimum, but I have close to 0 understanding of electronics.. :)

In the meantime, enjoy this little picture :)

Comment

I've done some more grinding, and I painted the subframe!

You like the color? :D

Comment

Not much has happened lately unfortunately. Waiting for my next paycheck which is due in about 2 weeks..

What I have done is mark off every piece of the car that needs to be cut out, so hopefully will get around to doing that soon.

Both the driver and passenger footwell needs to be cut
                      Both floors (Underneath the seats) will be cut out and replaced by a plate.
                      Both rocker panels

So yeah.. I got plenty to do before I can start putting stuff back on this car.. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sturifto View Post
                        I've done some more grinding, and I painted the subframe!

You like the color? :D
                        Nice love it! Sub'd
                        Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

Well it's been an interesting last 3 weeks or so..
                          First I work evenings for a week, then I get sick for a whole week, and now I just finished a week straight of graveyard shifts. Hopefully I'll get something done this week, although my kid starts kindergarten so I get to be home in case he get's crazy homesick his first days. :-P

Stay tuned :)

Comment

Removed the dash, figured I don't really need it.

Some more of that rust...

Comment

Finished removing the wiring for the whole car yesterday, aswell as some more grinding and all that jazz.. Quite a bit of rust on the front wall (Idk what it's called in english) Time to start cutting the car apart.

Comment

Progress has been a bit slow lately unfortunately.

I've basically been cutting out rust and prepping those areas for welding. I was going to buy a lot of the weld-in parts that I needed this month, but Instead I have a 1300$ bill for a plumber as I had a pipe first get clogged, then burst in my basement, which basically forces me to wait another month for my next paycheck before I can afford the rocker panels I need.

Couple of pictures:

Previous owner rust "fix".... Will need to cut this out and weld it all up again.

My cutout in the passenger side footwell. Needs a rather large new piece of metal there.. :roll:

Comment

Working...
                                X