No announcement yet.

Project Red Mist - 1986 325es M20B25 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both blue and brown temp sensors are already in place near the t-stat. My only remaining question for the cooling system is the single 3-wire sensor that is on the passenger side of the late style radiator. Where is the wiring for this sensor? I've looked at other E30s and the wire comes from behind the radiator going towards the drivers side. I can't find it on my car. Do I need to wiring something up?
    Eric

'84 318i S52 swap
    E36 M3 - NASA GTS2 #717

Comment

I think I finally figured it out. The two sensors on the drivers side of the 'e' radiator are high and low switches for the aux fan. The port on the passenger side of my new 'i' radiator is for the 3-wire dual temperature switch that came in later models. I believe I can easily take the wires from the 'e' switches and wire them to work with the 3-wire dual temp switch.

Now I just need to source the dual temp switch and somehow find the 3-wire plug. Does anyone know where I can get the plug besides cutting one off a junked car?
      Eric

'84 318i S52 swap
      E36 M3 - NASA GTS2 #717

Comment

Do you remember what cluster the 7k tach came out of? I've got the same swap, 325es with an m20b25, and would love a 7k tach. I tried an 89 tach/cluster and it didn't work, I think since it was a late model cluster.

Comment

Working...
        X