Treehousing Racing CAB replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treehousing Racing CAB replacements

I am planning on replacing my worn out bushings and shit in the spring, but my fucked CAB is starting to annoy/bother me....especially with all the interstate driving I do at high speed. Bad RSB's are one thing, but some stability is affected up front.

I want to ask if these would have as much trouble as replacing normal CAB's.....I hear some people complain about fitting Control Arm Bushings.....like difficulty pushing/pulling them on.

thanks.

Those are on my "to do" mods list as well. Stripped and painted black or silver tho.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
      Those are on my "to do" mods list as well. Stripped and painted black or silver tho.
      Ricer. ;)

You have an overly strong urge to paint everything monochrome, don't you?
      Ha, your car now reminds me of Regis Philbin. With the suits he wore on "Millionaire".....always different tones of grey, silver, and black.

Would these be as big a bitch to put on, or easier?

- -- - - -- -- -

edit: Finally have my Bentley up at school with me.....

So I would need to borrow a puller to get the bushing off?
      With this CAB replacement, I wouldn't need to R&R the bushing, just put on the new piece. :D

Skafrog or whoever knows, is a lubricant still needed?

I've heard mention of pressing the bushing on the control arm is difficult, any tips?

Then bolt the bracket, then lower the car and leave unmoved for 30 minutes?

Comment

so the reason you're paying $160 for those so you dont have to install standard m3 bushings?
        BEERTECH

Comment

No, I was talking to Jordan about some "iffyness" of my car on the highway and confirming a bad CAB would have that, and he was all like "dudorz, chek DeS OUUT!" And they seem cool. Claim eliminate shimmy and more crisp handling, so yeah, I'm game. (could be because of the reduced "bushing" so less flex, more crisp.....

Derlin M3 offset bushings are $95 from BMWbushings, which I was planning on going with earlier. (Difference of $64.05)

Not having to R&R the bushing is just a plus......not the reason.

Anyone with any review/experience besides the treehouse guys themselves??

Comment

I've got em'. They are insanely easy to install. They just slide right over the end of the control arm, no press or vise needed.

As for handling, my car feels a lot more stable on the highway and the steering is more direct. The only downside I noticed at first was that the steering seemed a little slow off center, but I got used to it quick.

All in all, I'd say they're well worth the money. Go for it.
            '91 318is
            sigpic

Comment

Sweet.

Did you need to borrow a puller to get the old ones off?
              And lubricate?

Comment

You could just cut the old ones off - cut away the rubber from inside the lollypop, then cut off the remaining rubber on the control arms. Shouldn't be too hard.

Comment

What about urethane/delrin? Can that be easy cut?

Comment

Originally posted by sovann
                    You could just cut the old ones off - cut away the rubber from inside the lollypop, then cut off the remaining rubber on the control arms. Shouldn't be too hard.
                    Yeah, thats what i did. Die grinder all the way.
                    '91 318is
                    sigpic

Comment

i just installed them last weekend with some new alum. control arms.
                      It was so easy to put on....since i pulled off the old assembly.
                      Very good design. Havent driven yet but hope its an improvement.

Comment

Lubricate?

Comment

Brew- Did you have to modify the m50 exhaust manifold to fit it in with these puppies?

Wondering if they're as versatile as treehouse says they are...

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
                          On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
                          BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

Originally posted by Addissimo
                            Brew- Did you have to modify the m50 exhaust manifold to fit it in with these puppies?

Wondering if they're as versatile as treehouse says they are...
                            Well technically its the downpipes that need to be modified normally, but I had some made anyways because the original downpipes were cut when the pulled the motor. They definitely allow for some more clearance down there, though, and after looking at the stock m50 downpipes on an e36, it looks like they would work no problem.
                            '91 318is
                            sigpic

Comment

Word...

Thanks

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
                              On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
                              BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

Working...
                              X