Treehousing Racing CAB replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rwh11385
    What about urethane/delrin? Can that be easy cut?
    sooo are you already running Urethane CAB's? If you are, I'm willing to bet its not your CAB's that give you the alleged shimmy. That would make this upgrade somewhat a mute point.

IMHO of course.
    Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
      What about urethane/delrin? Can that be easy cut?
      sooo are you already running Urethane CAB's? If you are, I'm willing to bet its not your CAB's that give you the alleged shimmy. That would make this upgrade somewhat a mute point.

IMHO of course.
      I already have RTRS bushings or whatnot, delrin offset M3 bushings.

Chris, I respect your guess and suggestion, but I am pretty sure though, out of reason I didn't share. I only think it is the CABs because when the car is jacked up slightly, while the tire barely touching the ground, the wheel can be pulled slightly horizontally.....and well as rubbing/moving happening sometimes during hard cornering.

When the tire is pulled out, the CAB is all loose and moves.

I think that delrin CABs versus Treehouse racing may not be a big difference, but based on reviews....I want to give 'em a try, and might as well since I need to replace them.

Unless someone can prove that Treehouseracing's CAB replacements aren't worth $64.05 more.......I think I want to go with them.

Comment

how old are these poly ones you have in there?

Horizontal movement is more due to bad control arms themselves, tie rods, or wheel bearings than a CAB FWIW.

just a guess
        Below the radar...

Comment

Honestly, I have no idea.....PO.

The tie rods are fine, they were checked during my alignment.

I hope the control arms aren't bad.....i like my Aluminium bling CAs......
          Not too sure on wheel bearings.

I mean, I'll jack it up again when I am at home and make sure. But looking at it, it was pretty seemingly to be the bushing itself.

Comment

How are the ball joints?

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick325is
              How are the ball joints?

Nick
              how can you check? they may be bad, who knows?

would bad ball joints allow the wheel to move out, and seem like the bushing is flexing laterally? just curious/trying to figure the sumbitch out.

I'm pretty sure all my suspension is fucked up in some way.....just a matter of degree.

Comment

the wheel would move forward and backward if the CABs were shot .. think about the way they're aligned, and the fact that offset ones give you more castor. If you can move your wheels outward (effectively widening your wheelbase) then 9/10 times it'll be your control arms

Comment

well, I can move the front of the wheel outward....like pulling on it, it will move out as if the toe was changed.

hmmm....maybe I should just have someone who does it for a living locally figure out the problem.....that or post a video of the movement when I jack it up next time @ home.

Comment

here is the difference. Treehouse's CABs have a LIFETIME warranty on the bushing material. If your bushing goes bad, you get new bushings. Simple as that.
                    They are easy to install, work great, and have no flex. Even delrin flexes a little bit, but these do not have the amount of bushing material that "lollipop" CAB's have.
                    Addissimo, the CAB's were primarily designed so we dont have to modify the manifold when doing m50 swaps at the shop.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
                    Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
                    Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

these do not have the amount of bushing material that "lollipop" CAB's have.
                      That is one of the things I noticed and mentioned. Less bushing = less flex.

but thanks for IMing me. Turns out I have bad ball joints.

Thanks though all...

Comment

I couldnt imagine the CABs (delrin or urethane) flexing enough to allow pulling the wheel outward by hand
                        BEERTECH

Comment

Hand? leaning into it. And the wheel was majority off the gruond, only minimal weight.

All I could see was movement in the area of the CAB.....oh well.

....time to flip through the bentley for ball joint.

Comment

ball joints = control arms

get rid of the aluminum ones and get steel ones. in reality, you arent utilizing the aluminum ones anyways besides being able to say you have them.

$.02
                            Below the radar...

Comment

When my ball joints were starting to go bad I was able to move the wheels out slightly. New control arms and ball joints solved this issue.

Nick

Comment

well, I can move the front of the wheel outward....like pulling on it, it will move out as if the toe was changed.

?
                                BEERTECH

Comment

Working...
                                X