S54 SMGII into an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S54 SMGII into an E30

Are you guys on this board watching this also? Amazing!! http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=359200

thats feakin sick

Comment

ya, thats awesome. i've been watching it since page 7 or so.
      he's flying through it so fast. for sure done this summer.

Comment

i wish I had both the time and money to do something of the likes, but reality isn't even close to that w/ 2 jobs and a wife...

that thing will be sick sick sick.

Q

Comment

Id rather row through the gears manually with a clutch but that is pretty impressive.
          Back to my roots

Comment

I'm so far not entirely impressed with his work, he definately takes the easy way out by hacking up the body wiring. I have a feeling we'll see him around here or on e30 tech asking what color wire does what...

haha...

Hes got balls, thats for sure.

I wish I had his money though :)

edit:

I just got to page 19, where he is swapping the e46 body harness...

He's a bad ass
            Last edited by Addissimo; 05-10-2006, 08:28 AM.

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
            On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
            BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

On e30tech they have a 3 page thread dissing him. I didn't understand it at all.

'88 325is
              VP UT of Austin Autoholics
              BMWCCA 380364

Comment

That guy is unbelievable. You should should check out his website- his previous project was swapping a SC'ed S54 into a 4-door E46. Amazing how well it turned out with how little automotive experience and resources he had.
                '91 318is
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan325iC
                  On e30tech they have a 3 page thread dissing him. I didn't understand it at all.
                  thread.

The post is entitled, Some kids have too much money. Some assbag hates on him for having gone to MIT, and others conclude that he has abandoned the project, EVEN though the last update is from today.

OK, so he has some money. At least he's putting it into something that he enjoys doing, isn't useless (like buying HREs for it first), and requires quite a bit of attention to detail and intelligence. Quite a step up from the typical, "how do I change my RSMs?!" post.

Anyway, props to him if he can get it to fire. He's using almost everything from the S54 so he should really run into too many issues.

Originally posted by whysimon
                  WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

damn. that thing is going to be quick. MIT? this guy is no doubt smart as balls.

Comment

its sick, but boo to the smg
                      Originally posted by blunt
                      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

hooray to SMG2.

Im curious how he is going to set it up though, are there wheels with paddles for our cars? Ive seen plenty of with buttons for operating Stacks but never paddles.

I've driven an SMG2 car on the track. With the right programming its pretty quick and it never misses a shift. Yeah its not the purists way but it does get you around a corner.
                        Im now E30less.
                        sigpic

Comment

Baller status. I can't wait to see it done. That thing is going to fly.

If he's not going to use the e30 wiring, what's wrong with cutting it out?
                          Originally posted by Gruelius
                          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

The guy sounds like a retard tho. With the same money and free time i could trump this fucks project.

Originally posted by vlad
                            Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
                              hooray to SMG2.

Im curious how he is going to set it up though, are there wheels with paddles for our cars? Ive seen plenty of with buttons for operating Stacks but never paddles.

I've driven an SMG2 car on the track. With the right programming its pretty quick and it never misses a shift. Yeah its not the purists way but it does get you around a corner.
                              He is using an e46 column.

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
                              '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
                              '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
                              SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

Working...
                              X