Mini BBK is done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini BBK is done!

Ok, I finished my setup last night but had a slight banjo leak this morning. I took my mom's Subaru to work and I fixed it as soon as I got home. Bled it all properly and took it out. My first impressions were "this sucks, what a waste of money" The pedal was squishy and the brakes stopped worse than stock with Pagid's. Off I went to bed in the pads. I went to a new subdivision near my house where they just finished grading the lots. No one lives there or anywhere close yet. Just a nice straight freshly paved road.
    I did 5 60-0 stops and then 5 80-0 stops. After this the pads were slightly smoky and the rotor and turned a blueish hue. (reminded me of chips off a lathe)
    I drove around a bit and let them cool down.
    HOLY HELL Pedal feel is awesome and they pull you down from high speeds like mad. I know that this is partly thanks to the aggressive pad compound but I know I wont be having fade problems like before. I'm off to Miller Motorsports track tomorrow

Here are some pics for views (Pardon the dirty/ricey wheels. They are only temporary :( )

Brake fade

Tire smoke

Here's where I'm at with my wilwood setup

calipers $170 on ebay new
    Hawk HPS pads $50
    vw corrado Brembo rotors $35 ea
    Stainless lines with 1/8NPT Banjo fitting $30
    Custom brackets $25 in materials

The calipers are Wilwood FBD 1.38" pistons for 1" rotor
    Unfortunately I'm not willing to make more brackets because I am lazy but I'll draw up a blueprint in MS paint when I get the chance.

Any questions? $350 for a badass setup that fits under 15's!!!

that is sweet, i would definitly be interested in doing a setup like that for sure.
    a how to would be awesome.

describe the custom bracket a little more please. and more pics.
    was everything simple bolt on?

Comment

I was just thinking about doing something similar. Would love to get some part numbers, and the print for you bracket.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by King Luis
        was everything simple bolt on?
        Besides the custom bracket yes. Anyone with acess to a manual mill could whip up a set of brackets pretty easily.

I also had to trim the backing plates a bit to clear the rotor.

Comment

The brakes look awesome behind the wheels, awesome work. I bet they stop like a motherfucker.

Comment

make

brackets

Comment

What is the corrado disks diameter?
              What material did you make the brackets from?
              Last edited by Ferret; 05-20-2006, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferret
                What is the corrado disks diameter?
                What material did you make the brackets from?
                280mm
                85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Ithought the 280mm ones are 5 hole and the 4 hole ones are 256mm.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferret
                    Ithought the 280mm ones are 5 hole and the 4 hole ones are 256mm.
                    VW made 280mm rotors in both 4 and 5 lug.

Comment

ok im interested, but I may be confusing projects. Dont you have to modify the rotor or the hub to make this work due to the center-bore?

Comment

Yes, this is true. I opened up the centerbore of the rotors. Very easy mod if you have the right tools.

Comment

i think you need to post a how to or a DIY thread.

Comment

brakes look sick! i have been thinking about making a kit like that for a while.. I think i speak for everyone here when i say that i would love to see a write up or at the least those blue prints.. good job man!!!

Comment

any news on the diagrams for the brake kit?

Comment

Working...
                              X