m54 or s54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m54 or s54

does anyone know anything about these engines???? all i know is the m54 in my aunts z4 will haul a$$ 0-60 in 6 or 5.4 or sonthing like that..... ummm does anyone think it would have to swapped over to obd1 or can it be done....??????i have heard the s54 is the same as the euros52..... it was just in my imagintion... ithought i would ask for peace of mind.....

i know they have plastic valve covers that like to break in inconvenient places.

(and intake plenums)
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

As far as I know neither the M54 or S54 can be converted to OBD I. With the large degree of integration between modules in the cars that these engines come from, transplanting one into an E30 would be a non-trivial (and expensive) task. Other than a bit wider torque curve an M54B25 and an M52B28 are pretty much equivalent in terms of peak power. An M54B30 would be a step up and an S54 would be a giant leap up in performance. And an S54 engine is way past where a euro S52 tops out.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Don't waste your time even thinking about it unless you've got tons of money to pay someone else to do it. S50 or OBD1 S52 is the only way to go.
        '91 318is
        sigpic

Comment

lock the vanos and use megasquirt. Can't be that tough...

Comment

so i guess know one has done this???

Comment

Already been done. Personally met the gentleman a few months back, nice guy. Aside from the disruption of the suspension geometry, I would encourage you to follow this thread. Looking beyond the E36 five lug swap, he did transplant the S54 engine and SMG into an E30 chassis. Impressive.

Comment

i think vlad on this forum has done it, or maybe it was someone he knew. Azevedo did a boosted s54 e30m3

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
                  euro S52.
                  A what?

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                  RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

No such engine exists as a Euro S52.
                    Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

my mechanic has a m54 engine for sale, how much you think he will get?
                      NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Working...
                      X