Dream come true #e30n54swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream come true #e30n54swap

Hi, just wanted to share with you guys my video about my project car.
    Few years ago i was dreaming about n54 as my project cars engine and now its coming together!

Video about how i did my e30 n54 swap.Follow me on instagram @e30students
    Instagram e30students
    E30 content only

Cant wait to see the finish product. Try buying some Long Corrugated bellow pipe PP conduit tube to clean up some wiring

Comment

Looking good.....can't wait to finished product.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. A lot of work for sure, but you are getting close to the finish line. Like your fabbed engine mounts, and dipstick. You'll have to share if you find a driveshaft combo that will work. Probably have to go custom.

Comment

Are you transferring the entire wire harness/cas/kombi etc over? or something else? :)

I'd think the hardest part of the N54 would be the fuel system, although the DI pump is on the block rather than in the tank, so it's maybe not so bad.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Well I'm interested in how this turns out.
            1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
            1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
            bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by cwlo View Post
              Thanks for sharing. A lot of work for sure, but you are getting close to the finish line. Like your fabbed engine mounts, and dipstick. You'll have to share if you find a driveshaft combo that will work. Probably have to go custom.

Didnt even bother looking for driveshaft that fits. Custom all the way.
              Instagram e30students
              E30 content only

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                Are you transferring the entire wire harness/cas/kombi etc over? or something else? :)

I'd think the hardest part of the N54 would be the fuel system, although the DI pump is on the block rather than in the tank, so it's maybe not so bad.
                Check the video ;) I did some explaining on the wiring part.
                Instagram e30students
                E30 content only

Comment

Very ambitious, can't wait to see it finished!

Comment

Originally posted by students View Post
                    Check the video ;) I did some explaining on the wiring part.
                    I watched as much as I could, but it kind of made me seasick.. lol

previously, you had to use the CAS etc. because there was no way around the EWS on MSD80. But now I have made an EWS delete for it. :)
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Awesome! You should make a build thread: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=148
                      Build Threads:
                      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Working...
                      X