ms1 vs ms2/microsquirt megasquirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ms1 vs ms2/microsquirt megasquirt

question for those of you who have used megasquirt for you e30 and or turbo e30, what advantages/disadvantages if any would there be going from a ms1 setup to a ms2 setup, specifically a microsquirt unit. I have an old ems pro by spectre which is an ms1 based unit with some extra features that a normal ms1 doesn't come with. it just seems outdated to me and was looking for an affordable upgrade to it.

If it's already tuned and running well on MS1 my vote would probably be not to mess with it, but that said, I'd like to first understand which version of the MS1 board you have (2.2, 3.0, or 3.57) and also which software it's running (regular B&G or MSExtra). That said, I'll make a quick assumption that it's a 3.0 with standard code that at least give you PWM idle air control, and then list what MS2/Microsquirt would gain you:
    - Higher resolution sensing/calculations.
    - Ignition control (<- This is probably the biggest reason to upgrade)
    - Wideband O2 sensor closed-loop feedback (<- 2nd biggest upgrade)
    - Timed injection (not that important, but lets you run semi-sequential, if you care).
    And a quick check on EMS-Pro looks like it's a pretty sophisticated implementation of MS1 that even includes some ignition control output options, so yeah I'm thinking if it's running OK, probably not really worth the headache of sorting out wiring for an upgrade, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
    X