• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updates ;D

Decided to paint some parts of the engine bay

New bearings

Polished crank. Now it moves like a charm :D

Oil pump cleaned and reconditioned. The oil pickup was full of silicone from the oil pan gasket and grime

The sun helping the picture

Trying to find the TDC before head assembly

Starting to assemble the head now

Comment

awesome. i love this little m10.

Comment

Love the color of that car!
        2009 BMW 328i xDrive (Daily/winter drift king)
        1987 BMW 325i (Currently torn apart)
        Instgram: @Ebola.30

Comment

Definitely stoked to see progress on this. Props for building the m10!
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Hi guys, got some new updates.

Finally installed my custom DSSR

This is how I took off the engine put it back on:

And how I secured the gearbox:

Custom made gaskets

Alternator looking much better

Engine in the car finally:

Now its time for breaking in the new parts and figuring out how to install a volvo electric fan i have laying around.

Comment

sooooo much room for boost in that engine bay!
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

That's looking very nice! What are the legalities of engine swaps Portugal?
                Props for keeping everything stock, it's nice to see someone giving attention to an M10.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazdayasna View Post
                  That's looking very nice! What are the legalities of engine swaps Portugal?
                  Props for keeping everything stock, it's nice to see someone giving attention to an M10.
                  Its illegal to make any change in the car, except rims in which the car brand has to certify it. You can legalize another engine but you are gonna pay taxes as if it were new, and its just to much money.

Comment

Hello guys, theres been some updates in the car.

After discovering the engine block was cracked, I put in another engine, another AFM, new fuel pump and still with this "new" engine the car wasnt pulling right. Lost power at about 4k rpm. So the problem I suppose was electrical or ingnition.

Then one morning I started to rev the car and this happens

Time for a new exhaust. I brought the mufflers and pipe and started welding as best as I can

Then I found out I need a bigger muffler because this ones are just too loud (glasspack muffler + magnaflow muffler). Theres a bigger one coming next week

Now since the engine stays low on power, instead of buying 30 year old used parts to see whats the problem, I decided to install a Speeduino ECU. And thats where the project stands now.

While waiting for parts I started striping the interior to clean it.

also cleaned the HVAC system and put new seals on. For the carpet, It wasnt the best option because I could find a better method without spend lots of €€, so I used spray paint, fabric and vinyl paint, to experiment. Turned out ok.

Now I just waiting for the trigger wheel and a few parts to assemble the speeduino.

Comment

Awesome write up. Loving the progress and that color!
                      90 Bronzit 325is
                      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Hello guys, some updates on the car and the EFI renovation.

The "new" exhaust came in and I started cleaning and polishing it. Theres a comparison picture:

Messed a bit with the rear seat belts too

The trunk still needs cleaning up, this probably will be the last thing for now

Also I gave the antena to my father so he could play with it a bit...Its now working again :D

This is the trigger wheel (36-1), I drawn it in Solidworks and it was laser cut, and then screwed to the crank wheel.

I made a mockup in solidworks of the Hall sensor bracket

First 3D printed it, then made it in steel

Cables ready

the duct tape is temporary

Im using a VAG 106b coilpack

Also I had a TPD sensor from my Rover 400 laying around, 3D printed an adaptor (ABS plastic) and put it in the stock throttle body. It actualy fits.

Now Im just waiting for the wideband sensor and the I need to finish the speeuino board so I can test everything and start tunning it.

Comment

Dang, you're really bringing that thing back from the dead. Nice work!
                          91 318is M50 swapped
                          05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Working...
                          X