Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by decay View Post
    on the national scale, maybe, but that's usually not the goal

No matter if that's the desired goal or not, modern media attention will transform most any movement in to a political statement.

Comment

Originally posted by CarpHunter View Post
      I think there's a gross misunderstanding by those on the right about what exactly has the left so angry. I don't believe the left is angry purely about the detention of immigrants, but more so with their treatment. Whether that be actual living conditions, or ignoring of federal laws and constitutional requirements.

When republicans ignore the due process clause of the constitution, you dismiss it and blame Democrats or immigrants. When republicans ignore federal law on how long they can hold children, you blame immigrant children. When they break federal law on the treatment of children, you dismiss it, or down play it. Would it be ok to treat your kids that way? Betting not. Kids are actually dying, and instead of republicans doing something, their just pointing fingers, and you accept that. Republicans had full control of the government, and still maintain enough power that they could fix this without a single democratic vote. It's perfectly fine to detain and process illegal immigrants, it's another to treat them as less than human while ignoring your own laws in the process. It's your system, fix the fucking thing. Don't make excuses, and don't blame immigrants for your own inadequacies.

That's why I asked where do you draw the line, before they build the ovens, or after their shoveling out the ashes?

I know that seems like a shocking question, but it's one that needs to be answered. It's not a partisan question but a personal one. There were germans who lived next to the death camps, and until they were marched threw them at the end of the war didn't believe that it was real. That Germany was capable of that, but mostly that they had supported it.

Again, I'm not saying trump is gonna start building gas chambers next week. I am merely stating that the republican party is veering more towards the more extreme aspects of right wing ideology. And at the end of that path lies war, genocide, all the bad shit. And it's being dismissed and down played. I don't hate republican ideology, some of your countries greatest presidents were republican. But the current party in no way resembles those that made it great. Or really what true republican ideology is.
      And the left is also increasingly moving to the extreme, just like the Rs. At least the most vocal members. Somehow not being able to process 100k+ people per month nearly instantaneously is being equated to genocide.

That's why people that aren't on the extreme left are dismissing the claims of equivalency with this.

So, I'll return the question since the Rs aren't doing anything.

What is the solution?
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        And the left is also increasingly moving to the extreme, just like the Rs. At least the most vocal members. Somehow not being able to process 100k+ people per month nearly instantaneously is being equated to genocide.
        i think you're ignoring that the privately-run detention centers have an incentive to not process at the level they could, because they get another $750 per detainee every day they're housed
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

i think you're ignoring that the privately-run detention centers have an incentive to not process at the level they could, because they get another $750 per detainee every day they're housed
          So then the solution would be to remove the incentive, yes?

Even then, that's still 3k+ people everyday, 7 days per week. I suspect there isn't the infrastructure to process that many people and the paperwork.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

There isn't, likely without farming it out to private industry or massive investment by the govt that no one wants to spend money on. Don't wanna step on the toes of those millionaire prison owners though, booming industry.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
              There isn't, likely without farming it out to private industry or massive investment by the govt that no one wants to spend money on. Don't wanna step on the toes of those millionaire prison owners though, booming industry.
              Winner winner, chicken dinner.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Winner winner, chicken dinner.
                But pick the right battles to divide the country over and do battle in streets. Choose the tens of thousands of non-citizens who are not legally in your country over the millions of your own citizens housed under the same system, a system designed to keep them in there.

Moral high ground, hah.

Comment

But pick the right battles to divide the country over and do battle in streets. Choose the tens of thousands of non-citizens who are not legally in your country over the millions of your own citizens housed under the same system, a system designed to keep them in there.

Moral high ground, hah.
                  Yep. I didn't bother pointing out that part because it won't make a difference.

Because Trump is creating prison/work camps on the border and murdering millions of innocent children.

That's how I become a news anchor, right?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

So then the solution would be to remove the incentive, yes?
                    well, now you're talking about breaking the prison-industrial complex, and it's... pretty entrenched
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

Moral high ground, hah.
                      i'm less and less surprised by your oversimplifications each time they happen. it's not a zero-sum game, and those choices are not mutually exclusive
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

well, now you're talking about breaking the prison-industrial complex, and it's... pretty entrenched
                        I understand, but what is the other solution?

Everything involved with government is super entrenched. So what's the answer? The solution?

We have to find a path forward, just bitching about it doesn't do anything.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

i'm less and less surprised by your oversimplifications each time they happen. it's not a zero-sum game, and those choices are not mutually exclusive
                          It's a gross oversimplification in jest, but also pointing to a greater problem at large, they're by no means accurate summaries of my understanding or opinion on a particular matter. I'm all for people picking their battles, you can't save every cat stuck in a tree. I do however believe the vast majority of people getting sucked into this particular feline rescue operation are doing so because they eagerly lap up everything that is fed to them through the media.

Comment

I understand, but what is the other solution?

Everything involved with government is super entrenched. So what's the answer? The solution?

We have to find a path forward, just bitching about it doesn't do anything.
                            well when i do more than just bitch about it, people ‘round these parts like to insinuate that i’m a terrorist. found my approach angle, you find yours
                            past:
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:

Comment

people ‘round these parts like to insinuate that i’m a terrorist.
                              Have you actually been called that? A gave a quick search that yielded nothing, sounds more like a great attempt at sensationalism if you haven't. I think most people would refer to Antifa members as misguided delinquents.

Comment

...do i have to define the word “insinuate” for you?

you found nothing because r3v is an ancient forum with simple plaintext search, and your query was probably just the word “terrorist”
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X