No announcement yet.

e30 rb25 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting on parts to get this thing running properly. But heres where im at so far,

Ordered the Massive brakes booster delete.

Also i couldn't find a turbo exhaust flange for the rb that wasnt either cast iron, or from Australia. Im sorry but 67 dollars shipping is stupid for a 30 dollar piece. So in the end my buddy made me one, ended up turning out really nice.

Figured out where the wastegate will be run, basically out my driver side wheel well. Muahaha!!!

After that was all done i mocked up how i would have to run the dp to clear my master, steering and tranny/firewall. Things were super tight but i managed to fit a 3" dp by making the top into a 2.5ish oval and using a couple bends.

Results

After the pipe passes the bell housing I put an oval reducer on it. Seeing as im on bags i wanted everything snug under the body. Also just before that i welded in a 3" Vband so i can remove the dp semi easily. But man is it ever tight, do able, but tight.

Took us 2 tries to get the dp done right but totally worth the extra headache. I spent saturday night pulling the motor and prepping the bay for glass. Layed down some etch primer and got to work. I have probably 3 or 4 hours into this so far and its looking decent. Need to weld a couple more spots now and its almost ready for paint.

The new goal for this car is to have it done for the first stretch and poke, which is may 25 i believe. Picking up a walbro off my buddy tomorrow than after that all i need is, fuel lines, brake lines, clutch slave line, powersteering line, drive shaft, intercooler tubes and the rest of the exhaust welded up. The rest of the parts are either being shipped or almost here. I also have a little surprise i ordered but i cant tell anyone till the first car show.

Thanks for watching so far and stay tuned this week!
    sigpic

IG: brandonhillis

I do stupid things.

Comment

great job! I just got gas for my welder last week and im loving it, HUGE difference!
      Keep it up i like seeing something new!
      IG- nv_e30

Comment

Got most of the bay out of the way this week.

Vinyl washed it and laid down some highbuild

Picked up some materials, working at a body shop has its perks sometimes. 88 bucks!

Went with dis colour, its off a newer model vw beetle.

Ignore the welds please, also ill be re painting it this week because of the amount of dirt that stuck in it. Its my first time ever painting but im not exactly happy with it, Im gonna borrow a better gun off my buddy aswell. And heres what she looked like not too long ago.

Also snapped a pic of everything together. And bought a fancy wideband.

After the bay is re painted ill be painting the rad support and ordering intercooler piping. Then its all the small tedious things before its done.

Still tossing up ideas for an exterior colour, so far im stuck on gloss red and metallic brown. If i paint it it'll go sunset mica bronze (toyota venza colour) and if i wrap it it'll go gloss red.

More updates to come.
        sigpic

I do stupid things.

Comment

awesome build my friend!!! ill be keeping a close eye on this.

Comment

Havent really updated in a while. Been to busy trying to get work done on mine and friends cars.

Heres a couple pics.

Got the intake tigged up finally.

Got the oil return, oil feed and wastegate all figured out.

Got a little something in the mail from siliconeintakes

(which btw, they have amazing customer service, quick shipping, cheap prices and very good packaging)

That little surprise i had for you guys. The first guy i bought it off ended up not sending it to me and keeping all my money. Karmas a bitch and he ended up going to jail the week after for drinking and driving. Still didn't get my money, so he can suck a bag of dicks.

And this is how she looks with the new intake. The motor is currently out of the car again to do some hard to reach jobs.

Also helped out with a sweet paint job on my buddies wagon. Minutes later it got fireworks shot at it and jumped 4 Feet.

Also visited the first stretch and poke of the season and was greeted by my old wheels i did. And to my surprise they actually look really nice on this civic. I was told later he won best sedan.

sigpic

I do stupid things.

Comment

this is gonna be good cant wait for vids
              M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Originally posted by brandon5 View Post

Specs on these?

Comment

Keep it up dude, cant wait to set my motor in my fresh shaved bay, just dont want to have to pull it back out again!

Comment

Nice!!!

This is my e30 RB25DET...
                    I had a M30B35T in before.

Comment

Working...
                    X