Rebuilding the build that never was - S/Ced schwarz e36 vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
    I'm really itching to build an all out e36/e46 autox/track car for some series and actually attempt to compete.
    dont tease us
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Laid out all the parts needed for the front and rear suspension. Cleaned and painted a few more odds and ends. Welded reinforcements into the front subframe and por15ed that too. Lastly I rebuilt the axles with help from a friend. Dont think I even took "after" photos because I was so pissed off that it wound up taking us a whole afternoon and none of the rebuild kits I bought were correct... reused the old boots because they were actually in great shape. Just cleaned, repacked them with fresh redline grease and sealed them up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

that's some sexy coilovers right there!!
        89 325i 4dr s52
        02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
        21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Next project to tackle before engine install is heat shielding. The old shielding has long since disintegrated and crumbled. In the past driving this car without it theres a whole heck of a lot of radiant heat coming in the the driver/passenger footwell that I'd like to avoid. I came across this stuff browsing summit racing. It's a fairly thick layer of dimpled aluminum backed with a layer of fiberglass and then adhesive. It's easy to mould it into a countoured shape to hug the firewall/trans tunnel. I used a whole bunch of CAD to shape the pieces, then cut them out and applied them. I used some aluminum fiberglass tape to go over the edges and get a nice smooth layer. This ought to do the job well.

Cool thing was after I started working with the product I happened to stumble across some vorschlag threads where they mentioned using the stuff on most of their custom vehicles. That makes me feel even better about it.

I also had new rear brake lines made up to mate up to the oem hardlines and a different caliper fitting. Much nicer and cleaner than before.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Sh3rpak!ng; 07-19-2019, 07:48 AM.
          Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
            that's some sexy coilovers right there!!
            yes indeed! They are very nice parts. I've really been enjoying driving on them.
            Originally posted by wworm View Post
            dont tease us
            Lol it's not going to happen any time soon. Between my friend and I we have no time, space or finances for it... but it's definitely in our heads. Maybe in a few years. Need more space and a trailer first.
            Shadetree30

Comment

Is it back to successful daily status?
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Awesome. Love stuff like this.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Is it back to successful daily status?
                  yea, been dailying it since mid February but also been finishing up some of the smaller lingering projects with it since then.
                  Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                  Awesome. Love stuff like this.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                  glad you're enjoying!
                  Shadetree30

Comment

Ah. A fellow NJ->CA Bronzit E30/Black E36 owner.

Comment

Working...
                    X