E30's With E38 Style 5's and 18mm adapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30's With E38 Style 5's and 18mm adapters

Hey, guys, I'm looking to get a set of style 5's with the Bav Motorsports 18mm adapters which would hypothetically set the offset to +5, I'm thinking of doing a 205/45/16 on them, I have an early model on H&R race springs but may switch to coilovers shortly after doing the wheels and tires, I know this has been discussed but I found way too many grey answers, if anyone can post some pictures along with an answer or input that would be great, thanks!
    86' E30 Plenty Slow And kinda Ugly

sigpic

That combo will work just fine. You may need to roll the front fender a tiny bit if any rubbing is experienced.

Comment

bump for pics

Comment

Originally posted by Jake325is View Post
        bump for pics
        I run a 205/50 since its all the tire shop had the day I went in. 205/45 will work really well with this setup. Im on hr race and bilsteins. I did have to roll all fenders but with a 205/45 im sure your rubbing issues will be a lot less than mine!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by notsoslowbronzit View Post
          I run a 205/50 since its all the tire shop had the day I went in. 205/45 will work really well with this setup. Im on hr race and bilsteins. I did have to roll all fenders but with a 205/45 im sure your rubbing issues will be a lot less than mine!
          Are you running spacers? I want to run 205/50s but I don't want to roll fenders. Will it rub if i don't have spacers?

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

technically speaking the adapters for you to run a style 5 is a spacer. im running 205/40/16 with an hr cup kit and i get ocassional rubbing on my late sedan. the adapters in the back i had to loctite the studs because they were working their way out. i am either going to convert to e36 5 lug or go back to 4 lug 15's or bbs 4 lug 16"
            1989 325ix(sold)
            1989 325i sedan s52 powa (current)

Comment

Working...
            X