m62 obd1 code reader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m62 obd1 code reader

Im interested to see if i have any trouble codes stored in my ecu. the car runs great but seems to be a bit rich and i wired in the 02 sensors my self so id like to know if they are throwing any codes.

I know of the stomp test but i dont think the info from the dme would reach the cluster properly?

also i have found these 16 pi to 20 pin connectors for a obd2 reader.https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Femal.../dp/B01J3MTGDW

does anyone know if these work?
    M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

This is what I use:

85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
      damn 139$ i guess in the grand scheme of things thats not to bad. i may try the cheapo one firs considering its only 10$

Comment

What are you planning on plugging into the OBDII port? A normal OBDII code reader isn't going to give you OBDI system faults. It won't even connect or do anything. Any scanner that can read BMW OBDI codes is going to come with a 20 pin connector in the first place. And the one linked above is the cheapest that I know of.

Those adapter cables are designed for scanning systems like CarSoft.
        85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
        e30 restoration and V8 swap
        24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

That Peake tool will read any car with a BMW 20 pin connector. That includes OBD2 cars up to (I think) MY2000.

I have one and I love it.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
            What are you planning on plugging into the OBDII port? A normal OBDII code reader isn't going to give you OBDI system faults. It won't even connect or do anything. Any scanner that can read BMW OBDI codes is going to come with a 20 pin connector in the first place. And the one linked above is the cheapest that I know of.

Those adapter cables are designed for scanning systems like CarSoft.
            it is an adapter for the 20 pin to a normal obd2 reader.

Comment

Originally posted by dougie30 View Post
              it is an adapter for the 20 pin to a normal obd2 reader.
              Wouldn't an adapter to go from 20 pin to OBD2 be useless on an OBD1 car?
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                Wouldn't an adapter to go from 20 pin to OBD2 be useless on an OBD1 car?
                Yea I see what your saying, I figure maybeeee it would transfer the data to be able to be read. I guess not

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X