Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here's the option list...

If the PO did attach those badges...it was right around 1987 because they are as aged as the rest of the car. A dealer thing perhaps?

Type Code 1113
    E Series E30 ()
    Series 3
    Type LIM
    Steering LL
    Doors 2
    Engine M20
    Displacement 2.50
    Power 125
    Drive HECK
    Transmission MECH
    Colour SCHWARZ (086)
    Upholstery (0256)
    Prod. Date 1986-12-01
    Vehicle upgrades
    Vehicle options
    S209A Differential lock 25%
    S281A BMW LA wheel, chrome-plated/round
    spoke
    S325A Rear spoiler
    S401A Lift-up-and-slide-back sunroof, electric
    S410A Window lifts, electric, front
    S481A Sports seat
    S530A Air conditioning
    S540A Cruise control
    S551A On-board computer II with remote control
    S562A Reading light
    S675A Sound System
    S704A M Sports suspension
    S708A M sports steering

Comment

Originally posted by SSMsport View Post
      If the PO did attach those badges...it was right around 1987 because they are as aged as the rest of the car. A dealer thing perhaps?

Type Code 1113
      E Series E30 ()
      Series 3
      Type LIM
      Steering LL
      Doors 2
      Engine M20
      Displacement 2.50
      Power 125
      Drive HECK
      Transmission MECH
      Colour SCHWARZ (086)
      Upholstery (0256)
      Prod. Date 1986-12-01
      Vehicle upgrades
      Vehicle options
      S209A Differential lock 25%
      S281A BMW LA wheel, chrome-plated/round
      spoke
      S325A Rear spoiler
      S401A Lift-up-and-slide-back sunroof, electric
      S410A Window lifts, electric, front
      S481A Sports seat
      S530A Air conditioning
      S540A Cruise control
      S551A On-board computer II with remote control
      S562A Reading light
      S675A Sound System
      S704A M Sports suspension
      S708A M sports steering
      Probably dealer. That wheel code was them as my car which were the 14's. Possible they used the same wheel code for the 15's not sure. Either way its an OEM wheel.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Vintage 1980’s wheels

I recently rescued 4 vintage 1980’s all aluminum wheels from certain doom that are in surprisingly nice condition. I have confirmed they are 15x6 with a 57.1 center bore and 4x100 bolt pattern. Multiple self-measurements of the offset yields a et38. Would like to install 205/55/15 to fill out the wheel well (suspension on my ‘89 convertible is stock height). Not as concerned about running flush (unless this would appear too far inboard), but I do want to make sure clearance on the backside is sufficient. Any confirmation and/or advice appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Anyone know the specs for an E36? Just picked up a 1998 318i sedan. Would like to know the widest wheels possible without fender rolling. Considering 16-17in wheels.

:)

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

max rim wheel size

Have all stock 87 325 2 dr 5 speed

What is the biggest rim and tire package combos I can put on without any mods

Comment

Stock fender late model
              17x9" wheel in the rear.
              What is optimum offset to fit a 245/40 under the fender?

Comment

87 325is on H&R Super Sports

Looking to purchase Rotiform RSE 4x100 17x8

Not sure what offset I should get... 30 vs 40

Most importantly what about tires? of course I want the widest possible. What would be my ticker (sidewall) tire option then thinner option? Thank you appreciate anyone around to help!

Comment

a question about the back - 16x9 et15 H&R race. I'd like to run a Firestone Firehawk indy500. My fenders are rolled & pulled, it's a late model. Can I fit a 205-50-16? Not really going for a stance look but also trying to autocross on these low offset wheels. 225-45 is out of my price range.

I have 225-50-16 now and they rub a bit on hard corners and incline transitions but nothing too too crazy. Will 205-50 fit or should I go down to 215-40? Or even 205-45 :/
                  Last edited by Das Delfin; 11-03-2017, 06:34 PM.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Okay I've dug and dug. I currently happened across a cheap set of XXR527 15x8.25 et0. Well I want to fit 225/45/15. I like the XXR look but I would have no problem getting rid of them if need be. What wheel width/offset would you recommend for no fender rolling or pulling for that tire size? Say I'm on ground control coilovers. Not slammed but lower than stock. Im always open to different rear offsets. I want the widest stance possible front and rear with no fender work.
                    Last edited by WynneDeeFanchon; 11-11-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

17” style 5 on 87 325

Question for forum: gotta cherry set of 17x7 style 5 wheels. I know I need adapters,what size tire will fit without rubbing. I’m planning onslightly lowering the car with h&r sports and Bilstein shocks. Advice?
                      1989 325ix(sold)
                      1989 325i sedan s52 powa (current)

Comment

Originally posted by WynneDeeFanchon View Post
                        Okay I've dug and dug. I currently happened across a cheap set of XXR527 15x8.25 et0. Well I want to fit 225/45/15. I like the XXR look but I would have no problem getting rid of them if need be. What wheel width/offset would you recommend for no fender rolling or pulling for that tire size? Say I'm on ground control coilovers. Not slammed but lower than stock. Im always open to different rear offsets. I want the widest stance possible front and rear with no fender work.
                        I think ET 0 is going to be way to aggressive to fit 225's. I could be wrong but they are going to poke out like crazy. I had poke on an Et18 with 225/45/16

Also you have the wrong tire size. Your diameter is an inch smaller then stock, although I have seen people run the 225/45R15 for autocross but its really the wrong size, 225/50R15 would be correcft upsizing for the speedo.

That being any of those tires will look odd with a zero offset (well to me anyway I hate that crazy poke)

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                          I think ET 0 is going to be way to aggressive to fit 225's. I could be wrong but they are going to poke out like crazy. I had poke on an Et18 with 225/45/16

Also you have the wrong tire size. Your diameter is an inch smaller then stock, although I have seen people run the 225/45R15 for autocross but its really the wrong size, 225/50R15 would be correcft upsizing for the speedo.

That being any of those tires will look odd with a zero offset (well to me anyway I hate that crazy poke)
                          Noted. I may just turn the rims over for a profit since I got such a good deal. What if I were to go 225/45/16. That's the same diameter. What rim width/offset would work for fitment without rolling fenders in that case?
                          Last edited by WynneDeeFanchon; 11-15-2017, 04:48 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Lenwood View Post
                            Question for forum: gotta cherry set of 17x7 style 5 wheels. I know I need adapters,what size tire will fit without rubbing. I’m planning onslightly lowering the car with h&r sports and Bilstein shocks. Advice?
                            If they are E39 Style 5 wheels they are 17x8 and the offset is 20mm. With Adapters you will be at ET 2, which is pretty aggressive. You will need a pretty thin tire to not rub.

Comment

As I have not received any answers on my inquiry a few weeks back, I have gone to the web for an answer (most of my searches come back here LOL). While I haven’t definitively found an answer, I have found this website useful for general wheel/tire inquiries:

Wheel and Tire Sizing Guide and Knowledge Base. Get answers to your questions about wheel specs for your vehicle.

I especially found this page useful for a great visual reference:

Tire Tech Information - The Wheel Fitment, Tyre Stretch, Rolling Radius and Speedometer Error Calculator. Play with specs, try different settings, compare results

You can input your current tire and wheel specs (even input dimensions for fender, wheel well, strut clearance and even scrub radius) and then input a new tire and wheel spec to compare side by side.

Certainly helped me out and hopefully helps you.

Comment

Trying to with 16s. 16x7.5 ET25 squared set

I wanted to go with 215/45/16s but my local shop doesnt have em. Should I instead go with 205/50, 205/45 or 225/45?

I like the meaty look but dont want it overdone since the wheels are only 7.5 - any thoughts or ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X