Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getrag 260 interchange and information... good info!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bmwlif3style View Post
    Anyone???
    96mm you mean?

The big guibo eta uses 19mm bolts, my 04/1987 car had this setup

Compatible driveshafts:

E30 m3
    E30 325e 86 late 87 early
    E36 zf 5mt +e30 center bearing to match the body:

328i 5mt drive shaft
    E36 5 speed m3 95 driveshaft with 96mm 6 bolt flange installed in e30 diff
    E36 5 speed manual transmission m3 4 bolt driveshaft 96-9 9

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Okay, so I'm building a stroker in an early eta sedan and I'm also doing a five speed swap at the same time. I'm using an i trans, and flywheel/clutch. But My question is, which parts I need to put on the output side. Drive shaft, center support bearing, ect.
      '87 325e 2.7i/5spd
      '02 Subaru outback (Still smells like dirty hippie)
      '86 635csi (Sold)
      '87 4KcsQT (Sold)
      '84 318i (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBates View Post
        Okay, so I'm building a stroker in an early eta sedan and I'm also doing a five speed swap at the same time. I'm using an i trans, and flywheel/clutch. But My question is, which parts I need to put on the output side. Drive shaft, center support bearing, ect.
        Whatever you buy!

buy the trans+driveshaft+shift linkage from the same 325i. just transplant entire set into yours.

match up the part number of items (printed on them) to order replacement consumables.

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
          Whatever you buy!

buy the trans+driveshaft+shift linkage from the same 325i. just transplant entire set into yours.

match up the part number of items (printed on them) to order replacement consumables.
          I would have done that if I could have. But I actually got a deal on a trans that was already pulled from a car. I got the shift linkage form pick n pull and now im just trying to figure out which parts will fit correctly.
          '87 325e 2.7i/5spd
          '02 Subaru outback (Still smells like dirty hippie)
          '86 635csi (Sold)
          '87 4KcsQT (Sold)
          '84 318i (Sold)

Comment

Sry for reviving old but some say late-eta has deep/shallow..
            So 06/88 super-eta dual mass fwl has the deeper or shallow bellhousing?
            Going to put single mass fwl and I need to know if I have to order the "special 323 euro" TOB

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
              Early eta had deep bellhousing and THICK single mass flywheel- like 4" thicker than the 325i flywheel.

Late ETA (like my 04/87 build) had dual mass flywheel yes. It did NOT have deep bellhousing, it was identical bellhousing as late 04/1989 325i bellhousing. Directly swapped a M20 325i thin flywheel and single mass clutch set; Throw out bearing kept same.

Bmw has merged Throw out bearing parts between e30 325i and e36; Ordered both of them new in clutch sets and it was hilarious to find out. (recently did 24v swap in race car)

the 87 325e ETA dual mass flywheel+clutch stack is = stack height as 325i.
              The entire shifter assembly (carrier+selector rod) directly interchanged, 1987+ eta has aluminum shift carrier.
              Hmm, the late model super eta 88 325 transmission i took right off the car at the yard had a deep bell housing, causing me to buy the euro tob for my 325i...

Comment

Originally posted by jw 325ic View Post
                Hmm, the late model super eta 88 325 transmission i took right off the car at the yard had a deep bell housing, causing me to buy the euro tob for my 325i...
                Cross reference the vin sticker on the gearbox.

Mine had a vin sticker matching my 87 chassis vin.

Random junkyard cars are just that. Nobody has sympathy

Comment

06/88 super eta

Deep bell housing

]

323i TOB/Throw out bearing

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                    Correct.

Drilling those huge holes as the exact correct location, and then the accompanying bolt hole, then tapping that hole for the bolt, would all be WAY more hassle then just picking up an eta trans, which you should be able to find cheap.

Not to mention you'd then need to use later style shifter setup, and also you'd then have the deeper bellhousing depth for clutch components. I'd rather convert then engine to an m20b25 to work with that trans, then convert the trans to work with an m20b27!
                    So... say we have an early eta and trying to do a manual swap on it...

We have an 87 transmission - what should we do? Throw in a b25? Get an early transmission?

ugh

edit: oh well, snagged an early transmission and planning on getting the thicker throw-out bearing and a plate-style shift mount, then calling it a day until the engine or transmission breaks
                    Last edited by rwh11385; 01-25-2016, 05:43 PM.

Comment

I'm looking at a used G260 that has a slightly different marking than the ones listed here:

The VIN tag is still attached (EC69661) and it pulls up as a Sept 1990-build 325i. Any reason to be concerned with this .91 part number?

Thanks
                      - Darrell

2001 BMW M5
                      1990 BMW 325is - Build Thread

Comment

I'm interested to see who has compared the parts between the BMW Getrag 260 and the ones from the Jaguar XJ40 and Cadilac CTS
                        My Garage
                        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

grave digging a bit here, but there's a lot of good information.

I just bought 5 speed swap parts from a 85 325e:
                          - g260 w/ fork + slave cyl
                          - driveshaft
                          - complete shifter/linkage
                          - thick single mass flywheel

I plan on resurfacing the flywheel -- will I need the larger throwout bearing? What else do I need to consider? Does it matter what guibo I use? eta vs. i?
                          JP
                          WTB: Z3 1.9 lever, plastic bumpers, 19# injectors, Anthracite Cloth Sport Seats

Current
                          88 325 super eta
                          00 528i/5 (daily)
                          02 530iA sport

Former
                          04 525iA sport
                          87 325is
                          91 325i
                          97 528i

Comment

Working...
                          X