Highest HP Stock bottom end m20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highest HP Stock bottom end m20

Hey, I am new here, have a turbo e30, a friend and I were talking about the m20 motor and we were wondering what the highest HP stock bottom end m20 is?
    Did some googling but didnt come up with much.

Originally posted by cream_e30 View Post
    Hey, I am new here, have a turbo e30, a friend and I were talking about the m20 motor and we were wondering what the highest HP stock bottom end m20 is?
    Did some googling but didnt come up with much.
    I think the "i" bottom has highest HP. "i" has the (75 stroke, 84 bore, 8.8 CR). There's also the sETA and the ETA (81 stroke, 84 bore, 10.3 CR?). The ETA head is very restrictive compared to "i" head. I believe the sETA is the ETA but with "i" piston heads (don't quote me on it though). Better information is out there tho.
    "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

Oh definitely. More looking for results of what the highest number guys actually pushed out of stock internal m20’s. Like I made 450, but someone must be higher than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Friend of mine is running 17 psi with meth injection and has been for 3 years without issue. He's at like 380-400 whp. It's really quick.

I think I've seen higher, not sure how reliable that would be though. That's on a complete stock bottom end and head with ARP head studs and an Elring head gasket.
        2016 F-150
        1987 Royalblau 325es B25 turbocharged

Build thread here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=405594

Comment

Originally posted by E30-Ellerman View Post
          Friend of mine is running 17 psi with meth injection and has been for 3 years without issue. He's at like 380-400 whp. It's really quick.

I think I've seen higher, not sure how reliable that would be though. That's on a complete stock bottom end and head with ARP head studs and an Elring head gasket.

Nice! Yeah that’s what I’m looking for. Want to see what guys are actually putting down. I know full custom m20 can reach 1000, but seeing a stock bottom do good always impressed me

Comment

I've heard of a few at 500 but I believe that's pretty much the limit of the rods and pistons. so hard to say when numbers can easily vary 15% from different dynos

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

I ran 30psi for a limited time only on a 6266 with E85. Stock B25. Probably made close to 550whp. I slung a rod through the block sitting it on the limiter at that power level. No idea if it would have held up had I been a bit more gentle on the limiter.

Currently my stock 2.7 bottom is holding about 20psi on a 6266 which should be close to 450whp
              - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
              Current Project - 87 325is 2JZ Swapped with M4 DCT

Comment

Originally posted by SLEEPYDUB View Post
                I ran 30psi for a limited time only on a 6266 with E85. Stock B25. Probably made close to 550whp. I slung a rod through the block sitting it on the limiter at that power level. No idea if it would have held up had I been a bit more gentle on the limiter.

Currently my stock 2.7 bottom is holding about 20psi on a 6266 which should be close to 450whp
                I'm curious--how much timing?
                '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
                NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
                Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
                  I'm curious--how much timing?

Yeah I am curious too. I was pulling mad timing for 440hp.

Comment

He's running e85, so the timing is probaply quite high still.

Comment

Not as much as you think. At 200-250kpa, between 4000-7000 i run 18* going up to 21*

I think I am actually leaving a ton of power on the table and bump that up 2-3* or more

Comment

Not as much as you think. At 200-250kpa, between 4000-7000 i run 18* going up to 21*

I think I am actually leaving a ton of power on the table and bump that up 2-3* or more

What ecu are you using?

Comment

Ms2

Comment

That is a good amount of advance. I run 14°-16° at 200kPa.

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            [CoTM: 4-18]
                            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                            - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                              That is a good amount of advance. I run 14°-16° at 200kPa.
                              What kind of fuel? Im also on a 2.7 bottom end with an 885 head so they require more timing then a normal 2.5/885. And I use E85

Comment

Working...
                              X