1988 325i Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 325i Convertible

$10,000. It was supposed to be going on BaT but they are too busy selling 50k cars to bother with mine apparently.

There are very few E30s like this around in terms of condition, maintenance and documented history.

2 family car. Original owners gave it to their daughter, who gave it to her daughter. I bought it from her. California car so there's not a spec of rust I can see.

I've put only 10k miles on the car over the last 4 years but I have done tons of preventive maintenance on the car.

The car is an automatic in the original Bronzitbeige color.

Highlights include:
    • 98k original miles. yes, they are accurate and the odometer is original
    • timing belt and water pump
    • brakes all around
    • complete steering and suspension including new control arms, offset M3 bushings, swayer bushings and brackets, Bilstein TC shocks. Professionally aligned of course.
    • oil pan gasket replaced
    • reinforced welded subframe (Garagistic kit) installed
    • upgraded injectors and ECU (the only "mod" of any sort besides keyless entry and aftermarket radio)
    • new tires
    • a/c converted to R134
    • new top professionally installed
    • redone drivers seat and rear seat leather
    • clean Carfax
    • just passed smog (easily)

Everything, including cluster, trip computer, check system, works. If there was anything that needed to be done, at all, I did it. The drivers seat does not have heat due to the refurbishing, but I have the pad. Some extra parts included.
    Full records available, original books, etc.

This is a no-excuses car with the kind of condition and detail that can win a concours. The paint is not perfect (there are some chips and a possible repaint in one or more places) but it turns heads. You can fly here and drive it home anywhere.

If you've been wanting an E30 but lament that they all have over 200k miles or have been modded to death, this is your chance. Owned by a BMWCCA member with too many cars.

Have it inspected/PDI anywhere you like, within reason, at your cost.

More photos here
    Last edited by danix; 10-11-2018, 09:45 AM.
    1988 325iC SOLD
    1985 524td 49k

Well-sorted example...GLWS!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks! Corrected year, typo there...
      1988 325iC SOLD
      1985 524td 49k

Comment

Reposted details. Getting new transmission mounts and guibo rubber today.
        1988 325iC SOLD
        1985 524td 49k

Comment

Special r3vlimited offer...
          I'm between jobs next week, so just cover my return airfare and I'll drive it to you. Totally serious.
          1988 325iC SOLD
          1985 524td 49k

Comment

Bump. I'm off Mon-Wed, flying to NY on Thursday.
            I had a local shop do another PDI for me, he spotted transmission mounts, guibo, and then wanted to change the center bearing. I'm $600 poorer, the car is $600 nicer.
            Same price.
            1988 325iC SOLD
            1985 524td 49k

Comment

Open to reasonable offers - only reason I'm selling it is with an Alfa and 524td both under repair, the number of vehicles is exhausting the available garage space, plus everything has been done to this one.

I'm headed to NY end of this week, will likely try it on ebay at no reserve if I don't get any bites by the time I'm back.
              1988 325iC SOLD
              1985 524td 49k

Comment

Nice collection. What alfa do you have? Don’t tell its a GTV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My Alfa is a 91 Spider.

I'm back from my trip, started a new job, so I have zero spare time.
                  The e30 has just over 98k miles now and the 524td is running so those miles will pretty much stay where they are (I was using the e30 since my daughter "stole" my i3).

If anyone from r3v is in the market, I'm open to reasonable offers. Otherwise looks like I will put it on eBay, though I did ask BaT to take another look.
                  1988 325iC SOLD
                  1985 524td 49k

Comment

Working...
                  X