mk60 ABS Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mk60 ABS Swap

So in my never ending dream list of things to do to my car, I was recently thinking about swapping over a late model coolant reservoir. Some google searching lead me to believe that the early model ABS system would be in the way (not true as it turns out).

Anyway this search got me thinking, i wonder if there are any smaller ABS systems. Which lead me to the mk60 ABS system and this thread.
    Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Ok so, that thread is like the comprehensive DOHC thread, its a long journey to get to an inconclusive end (especially with the new photobucket deal).

I am posting here to see if anyone on R3V has done this swap, and what steps were required.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Bimmerworld sells a kit to install it. There are some other threads out there detailing the conversion. I stumbled upon some website/post from the UK where a guy was making wiring kits as well.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

found this, looks like a pretty decent kit for a good price. need to source some components from a 2003+ e46 m3

Hi Gents, Just wondering if anyone is interested in an MK60 retrofit kit for their E30's? I have developed a kit for our cars that allows for a
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

That's the page I found before. subbed to see what you come up with.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
        Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
        X