autox class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

autox class

ok, so I searched but didn't find any recent posts regarding this. so I will ask

Have a 1989 325i with the following upgrades need to know class

s52 swap w/tune
    UUC front and rear swaybar upgrades
    3.73 lsd
    ground control coilovers w/camber plates
    custom exhaust
    rx7 brakes
    stainless lines
    green stuff pads

thinking this is some sort of modified class, but i'm not sure which one.

TBH it doesn't matter. If this is your first AutoX event, you can just sign up in novice in most groups that run them. Depending on what group you are running also varies the classification.

Comment

The engine swap puts the car in SM, though I don't know if there's another classification beyond that for the suspension mods.
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Probably street mod (SM) if you still have a full interior. What wheels and tires?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Yep - you'd be in SM class.

When I autocross few years back, engine swap alone dictated SM class.
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

A few years ago when I started autoxing my e30 I looked through the rule book out of curiosity to see where I'd be classed. IIRC the steering rack swap alone technically pushed me into SM. Unless things have changed, I don't think steering rack modifications/upgrades outside of what was available from the factory for the production run of the car are allowed until a fairly high class (SM?)

That said, the motor swap throws all that out the window anyway. You're in SM
            '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
            Shadetree30

Comment

Thanks, there is one more run this coming sunday and I believe the car is in all working order so I will be able to run it.

Comment

Working...
              X