Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flywheel needs resurfacing, lightening, balancing, crank needs balancing in East Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flywheel needs resurfacing, lightening, balancing, crank needs balancing in East Bay

Aite I just had a lame situation go down with Ed's Crankshaft of Hayward and I need to find a place that can balance my m30b35 crank to my new forged pistons being that they weigh less than the stockers, and I'm aiming for 13 to 13.5 lbs on the flywheel, resurfaced, lightened, balanced.

Ed wasn't communicating at all, and is charging me my flywheel's weight in gold while claiming he cant even get it past 15.5lbs, and only now am I finding out he doesn't have the tooling to resurface it so he wants 500 just for turning my flywheel down to an unacceptable weight, especially considering people go down to 12lbs.

Anyone got an m30b34 singleness flywheel for the low that would also be appreciated.
    Last edited by Streichholzschächtelchen; 10-09-2017, 08:28 PM.
    Jah bless! :pimp:

Can't help with getting you a FW, but I can't overstate how awesome Shawn at Star Machine Shop in Emeryville is. Good luck!
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Thanks I'll give him a call

Comment

Ed's crankshaft has done Crankshaft's properly for myself and friends for decades.

If you need a flywheel shop find a flywheel shop.

If you need engine service find an engine shop.

Sounds like there is some r3vtardedness going on on the op's account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Eat a bag full of dicks bruh I asked if he could do my crank and flywheel, dude sounded confident in giving it a shot, and two weeks later dude is acting like since the last time I called him he just stood in front of the thing busting ass. After "working on this thing for over a week" and running up a huge bill does he let me know he can't even get it near my goal weight, and after calling him, being told to text specs on the flywheel to his brother, his brother saying to sent it to an email, and then sending specs, pics, and details on the work I need done I get jack shit for a response for a week straight. Shit, I just wrote down an email spoken to me via phone, you don't think a little confirmation that my email ended up at the right address is too much to ask do you?

Wanganstyle is too high up on his high horse to talk about anything and I'm assuming the remainder of my time spent on r3v will involve him shitting on anything I post, since I asked a question or two about an obscure differential, when he builds them.

The guy doesn't realize when it might be a good idea to let people know he's not the man for the job because charging a week worth of labor to slightly lighten a fucking circle (remember your first bowl on a lathe?) is unacceptable.

Comment

If you say he can do cranks then shit I might get mine neutral balanced by him and take a walk away from my flywheel. I don't care for you but if you are coming to bat for them then I can at least assume it's for a reason. I'm under the gun to get this shit together before it really rains

Comment

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
              If you say he can do cranks then shit I might get mine neutral balanced by him and take a walk away from my flywheel. I don't care for you but if you are coming to bat for them then I can at least assume it's for a reason. I'm under the gun to get this shit together before it really rains
              I have no such drama in my life; these are facts.

2008 I had a 2jz gte crankshaft balanced @ ed's
              2010 I had a s52 crank balanced
              2017 friend had s52 crank balanced

Each time the cost was right around $100 and the crank was done perfectly

If you are looking for a flywheel shop then perhaps look elsewhere.

I have no connection with ed's; just a paying customer.
              OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Working...
              X