Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW-medford track day, anyone interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PNW-medford track day, anyone interested?

over on www.kungfutouge.com they are trying to put together a track day at the track in medford (pic below) but in order to even consider it we would need more people that would be interested. since KFT.com is still relatively small we dont have enough people and decided to ask other enthusiast in the area.

thread on KFT: http://kungfutouge.com/Joomla/index....99&topic=167.0

we've contacted them and so far this is the response we have gotten:

ME:
    I was wondering if this is an open track for day to day practice, or
    > reserved ony for events? if only an even track what would it take to
    > make a Practice event and how many participants minimum to run an
    > event. I have a few people interested and could possibily organize a
    > small group.
    >
    > Thanks for the info

Them:

ypically the track is only open for events, however special events can be
    scheduled, also use by club members is possible on days when the track is not
    otherwise in use.

Our club is not the primary lease holder, to schedule an event you
    would need to
    contact Brad Garfield (541 951-9123) of the Southern Oregon Karters, as
    his club
    is the primary lease holder. For a car event you would also need to
    coordinate
    with SSCC to host, this provides insurance, equipment and safety
    personnel. For personal use you would have to join the Karters club as
    well as ours, and
    have 2 board members from our club recommend you for use. This requirement is
    due to abuse in the past.

If you do want to further investigate an event, it would be a good idea to
    attend our next business meeting on February 15th. What kind of event are you
    considering? How many people?
    Thanks,
    Andy

Hmmm
    sigpic

Comment

could be fun, im game. Keep me updated Allen.

Comment

quoted from kungfutouge.com:

"So basically, the guy said fuck you and your cars.

'Our schedule is full for track use and we will be limiting
        the amount
        of auto use in the future... ours is kart track. We allow autocross for the
        time being, but the asphalt is deteriorating quickly, breaking off on
        the edges
        when cars go off, and then back on the track. Without a repaving soon , there
        will be no more cars on the track.Thanks for your interest.' "

yup, guess no track day...

Comment

You guys know this is a small kart track, not a full size track like PIR? There are autocrosses every month starting soon. They have a spring enduro where you get to practice all day Saturday and on Sunday you get 5 laps at once from a rolling start running counter-clockwise. Uses SCCA autocross classes. very fun, The fall enduro goes in the opposite direction. Fun place to play. The pic doesn't show it very well but there is a banked 180 at the end of the main straight. Go to our club's site EESCC.org to check sscc's schedule. FYI, lap times run around 50 seconds around the outside, compared to 2 minutes, 30 seconds at PIR
          1988 Alpine white M3
          1985 Delphin gray 323i, "Junkyard Dog"

Comment

Originally posted by oh2fly View Post
            You guys know this is a small kart track, not a full size track like PIR? There are autocrosses every month starting soon. They have a spring enduro where you get to practice all day Saturday and on Sunday you get 5 laps at once from a rolling start running counter-clockwise. Uses SCCA autocross classes. very fun, The fall enduro goes in the opposite direction. Fun place to play. The pic doesn't show it very well but there is a banked 180 at the end of the main straight. Go to our club's site EESCC.org to check sscc's schedule. FYI, lap times run around 50 seconds around the outside, compared to 2 minutes, 30 seconds at PIR
            2 minutes 30 seconds, what the hell are you driving? 1 minute 40 seconds in an integra.
            I'm sure you've been out there but never timed yourself.
            But that one is a tiny little "track".
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
              2 minutes 30 seconds, what the hell are you driving? 1 minute 40 seconds in an integra.
              I'm sure you've been out there but never timed yourself.
              But that one is a tiny little "track".
              I realized while laying in bed this morning my mistake. Our M-Technic runs 1:30, not 2:30. I may be old, but I am not that slow!
              1988 Alpine white M3
              1985 Delphin gray 323i, "Junkyard Dog"

Comment

Originally posted by oh2fly View Post
                I realized while laying in bed this morning my mistake. Our M-Technic runs 1:30, not 2:30. I may be old, but I am not that slow!
                I know you've been around so I figured it was a miscue.;-)
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I live in medford so I'm in.

Comment

Working...
                  X