Lachs Silver 1988 325 Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    We're going through a very similar process!

Im about to order the same injectors from Bimmer_Baron also, what software are you using? Sssquid is the way Im going.

The current owner of the Aluminum Monster just installed a rebuilt driveshaft but will be going to a 6speed setup soon. I already committed to buying the G260 setup from him when he sells, so I will just continue to enjoy the auto until then... Theres also enough other stuff to keep me busy until then.

Have you checked to see what rear end your car has? I thought Id have the 4.10 with my auto setup, but I have a 3.73 ... open too :(
    My car currently has a 2.93 open diff.... and it's so awful lol. I purchased an S3.73 LSD I'm going to put in one of these days.

I'm also going with a SSSquid chip. 91 octane, 19lbs injectors. I'll order once I know I have a known good 885 "i" cylinder head. I actually don't mind the power as it is right now. It's the ultra long gears and auto that bogs it down. It's been fun watching your build come together! Did you ever trace down the cold start issue? Did you replace your throttle position sensor? That made a massive difference on mine and it now starts cold like a champ.
    1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
    SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
    Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Nice one. I just bought an 88 325 coupe in AW2 and will be doing a similar build. I'm currently refurbishing the trans I bought for the 5 speed swap.

What are you having BavRest do to your cluster?

Edit: we also have the same interior... well not anymore that you found some sport seats!! Where did you get them from?
      JP
      WTB: Z3 1.9 lever, plastic bumpers, 19# injectors, Anthracite Cloth Sport Seats

Current
      88 325 super eta
      00 528i/5 (daily)
      02 530iA sport

Former
      04 525iA sport
      87 325is
      91 325i
      97 528i

Comment

Lookin good!

This car is coming together really nicely, great work :D

Comment

Originally posted by AC_Schnitzel View Post
          Nice one. I just bought an 88 325 coupe in AW2 and will be doing a similar build. I'm currently refurbishing the trans I bought for the 5 speed swap.

What are you having BavRest do to your cluster?

Edit: we also have the same interior... well not anymore that you found some sport seats!! Where did you get them from?
          Thanks! I'm having BavRest do their full restoration on the cluster including all new bulbs, odometer gears, polishing the plastics, new SI batteries. On top of their full restoration, I'm also having red gauge needles and brushed aluminum gauge rings added. I haven't sent mine off as of yet as I have been spending money in other areas.

I found the sport seats on the R3V FaceBook page. Someone posted a WTB for them, then the OP passed on this set. The guy's name was Joe, he lived in Detroit. Really nice doing business with him, not sure what his name is on here.
          Originally posted by Metallated View Post
          Lookin good!

This car is coming together really nicely, great work :D
          Thanks, Zephyr! I was sad I missed the meet this past week. Excited to see how yours comes together.

SOLD

Comment

Cleanest OEM+ sedan in town
            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

can't wait to see the upgrades man!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              '90 325i sedan daily driven
              '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Looking good so far!

Comment

This past weekend I took the car on a 650+ mile road trip over three days down to Eugene, Oregon. It was completely flawless, not a hiccup to report and returned nearly 30MPG! I need to get that S3.73 in asap. The gears are insanely long with the auto as of right now. Also wet traction is pretty LOL - so easy to spark up a nice one tire fire. Maybe when I get back from Nashville the week after next I'll get to putting the diff in.

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                  Cleanest OEM+ sedan in town
                  Thanks brother. Now I got AlphaTeam behind me I'll take it to the next level!

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
                  can't wait to see the upgrades man!
                  For sure, Peter! There is a Griots Garage Cars & Coffee German meet on Nov. 4th I plan on attending. You should go too!

Originally posted by alistairolsen View Post
                  Looking good so far!
                  I appreciate it! It's come a long way in the 4.5 months I've owned it. Still lots of work to do.

SOLD

Comment

Fall Photo Shoot

Snapped some pics over the weekend.

I love these floor mats. I've never seen another set. They came with the car. Sadly the passenger side front is missing

SOLD

Comment

well... it'll be near perfect once you take that ridiculous mariners plate wrap off the back... lol...
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      '90 325i sedan daily driven
                      '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Big Ups to S3 Designs Garage! They completely rebuilt my S3.73 rear limited slip diff & did a great job with the install. Filled with Redline 75-90. It really made a noticeable difference so far in the ~5 miles I've gotten to drive the car. My only regret is not installing it earlier!

Crap iPhone pics don't do it justice in this dark light. It looks amazing.

SOLD

Comment

Gosh I love this car and what you've done with it. Keep up the good work! Being from Vancouver I'm always sad to see a local e30 go south, but in this case I'm glad this one did!

That differential looks beautiful. The car should really wake up with the 3.73.

Comment

haha man yours must've been a dog if you're that excited with it. I have considered getting a S4.10 since I have an open diff
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Hi I am Alex, nice to meet you :D it is look pretty good ;)
                              WordPress Forms - WordPress Photo Gallery

Comment

that's one nice pumpkin.
                                JP
                                WTB: Z3 1.9 lever, plastic bumpers, 19# injectors, Anthracite Cloth Sport Seats

Current
                                88 325 super eta
                                00 528i/5 (daily)
                                02 530iA sport

Former
                                04 525iA sport
                                87 325is
                                91 325i
                                97 528i

Comment

Working...
                                X