Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IX catalytic converter

Hey,

Building my swap car now. I'm looking to see if an IX catalytic converter would work in this exhaust setup. Reason being is that I found a deal on a great condition one that I'd like to use in order to keep my exhaust sounding and looking stock.

S52 headers to S52 mid section, mated to IX Catalytic converter, and then regular M20 catback.

From my understanding the IX Catalytic converter takes a harder exit angle than the "I" Cat. Would this angle be so extreme that it would take a lot of welding and cutting to make it work? Thanks
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

The iX cat 'exit' angles are zero, same as the iS. iX & iS catbacks are exactly the same.

The major difference with the iX cat is the entry or inlet angle, this is slightly different and more of an acute angle to accommodate the longer front pipe needed by the iX to clear the transfer case.

The oem cat has the inlet pipes angled directly into the cat already so you should be okay connecting it up. An aftermarket cat might be trickier, all the aftermarket iX cats I've seen have a straight inlet and a bent pipe to mimic the original.

Comment

Working...
    X