front brake squeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front brake squeal

Ok, so I have been getting quite a bit of brake squeal as of lately.
    A few weeks ago I took everything apart, coated everything with cupper grease and after putting it back together. I noticed one of the boots was torn and a quide pin was a bit pitted so I swapped these with another one I had laying around but.. I still have brake squeal.

It's mainly when coming to a stop/low speeds/light brake pressure I have a constant squeak sound. When slowly rolling forward it'll go squeak....squeak.... squeak..

Yesterday I redid the brake for the third time. I decided to clean everything again. I tried sanding the brake pads down a bit on a flat surface, cleaned the holes of the caliper bracket, applied fresh grease on the pins and brake pads, cleaned the caliper bracket with a steel wire brush.
    Still squeaking. Not sure what else I can do..

(Brake rotors (ATE brand) got changed by the previous owner not that long ago, brake pads (also ATE) still have plenty of meat left) I don't feel any shake in my steering wheel when braking so the rotor is still nice and straight.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve my brake squeal?
    would appreciate your comments as it's driving my slightly insane.
    1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
    1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

i suggest new brake pads all around... that solved my squeak a while back...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
      i suggest new brake pads all around... that solved my squeak a while back...
      I was thinking the same, I went a head and ordered some new guide pins too.
      Hopefully that will solve it.
      1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
      1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Working...
      X