No announcement yet.

I'll see both Charlie and trent's videos and raise with mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how we do it here is we only allow passing at one place on the track, usually the longuest straight, and the car that is being passed needs to give a point-by, slow down, keep on line, and let the faster car pass off line. Thats for the beginner (C) and intermidiary (B) groups that run with instrutors. Once the instructor decides the driver is good enough, he moves to expert or A group where passing is tolerated everywhere if done safely but again the passing car needs to go off line and the car being passed needs to slow down.

Btw...is that an E46 M3 CSL? I figured you had something with a lot of power.
    E30 325i 1990 (Winter beater)
    E36 M3/4/5 1997 (Futur IP car?)
    BMW Club of Quebec

Comment

Originally posted by silverblades181 View Post
      Btw...is that an E46 M3 CSL? I figured you had something with a lot of power.
      Yes it is.

Comment

Nice job in the M3. Looks like it was a good time for you aside from some stuff previously mentioned.. I would have never joined an event like that. It's all fun and games until something catastrophic happens. Obviously there was no tech inspection and nothing in terms of rules out there.

But what is with this Derrick guy? Even when he was going for a "good timed lap," he's terrible. Wrong turn in, wrong line, awful braking (braking->turning in and then braking a little again).. And then the missing gas cap, are you serious?

That guy needs some serious instructor time.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Hi C ///M

Thanks for your comments.

Derrick is the chairman of the BMW Club of Natal. Cars do get tech inspected before the event starts.

Derrick is quite a good driver actually and the time that he put up for the day would beat 90% of all E46 M3 drivers. He was probably driving a bit on the rough side because I was playing with him and like most drivers, he got a bit untidy in that situation while trying to find some way of pulling away. I have a friend with a modified Subaru STi (see video) who is a good, fast driver but when I get behind him, he watches his mirror too much and then makes mistakes.

I visited your link for Detailed Mod List and Pics, you've put together a nice package, congratulations. I'm guessing that is enough to beat an E46 M3 ?

Comment

C///M ... it's the 1st time I've realised that ur car is a 4dr :)

Andreas... when is the next track event... I'm itching to get out there.

Hopefully I have the brakes sorted out on the car...

Ignore the old disc, as it's off a Nissan N14 Chassis Sentra.

If they dont fit behind my wheels, then I'll just keep them for the circuit car, and run some grooved discs with braided lines, and EBC Greenstuff pads and decent brake fluid, u recommend any Andreas ?

Comment

SA E30, check out this link for Zwartkops events http://www.zoc.co.za/zoc_calendar.php?which_year=2007

We used to slot the standard BMW brake discs at our workshop for my Alpina but I stopped doing that and I also stopped using EBC Green Stuff. Before every track session, I bought new BMW brake pads and used any DOT 5 brake fluid from a garage - like this, I had no brake fade problems. These days I swear by Castrol SRF brake fluid since it convincingly helped my CSL.

There is nothing wrong with EBC Green Stuff, however if you drive like me (every session for the whole session), then don't expect to use the pads for more than one track day. I think Ferodo DS2500 are much better.

Comment

Thanks Andreas... think I'll skip the EBC then, and just get some Ferodo's , and that Castrol Brake Fluid.

Comment

Working...
                X