Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

275 35 15 Hoosier...yep, that's right....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure there is a point but a 285 is only 30mm skinnier than the widest commercial tire made.
    lol, incorrect.

I have personally mounted 335s on Corvettes, and depending on the manufacturer, they can be a hell of a lot more than 30mm wider than a 285.
    '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
      lol, incorrect.

I have personally mounted 335s on Corvettes, and depending on the manufacturer, they can be a hell of a lot more than 30mm wider than a 285.

You're right they are 40mm wider....
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

lol, incorrect.

Originally posted by joshh View Post
        You're right they are 40mm wider....
        Is math not your forte?

Comment

LMFAO!!!

Haha, numerically, yes, they are 50mm wider, but when you measure, depending on the manufacturer, they can be more than that. Yokohama builds tires skinny compared to BFG or Michelin for example. I measured some different 275/40/17s for my 6 series and there was a 1 inch difference in tread widths from the skinniest to the widest when I checked 5 different brands.

Comment

LMFAO!!!

Haha, numerically, yes, they are 50mm wider, but when you measure, depending on the manufacturer, they can be more than that. Yokohama builds tires skinny compared to BFG or Michelin for example. I measured some different 275/40/17s for my 6 series and there was a 1 inch difference in tread widths from the skinniest to the widest when I checked 5 different brands.
            That's right and Hoosiers tires are wider than any street tire you can find size for size. 40mm was no accident....
            Last edited by joshh; 02-17-2007, 01:02 AM.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 305 30 22=10.9" tread width.

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 305 30 19=10.8" tread width.

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Scudera 345 35 19=11.5" tread width.

Hoosier A6 285 35 18=10.9" tread width.

How many mm to an inch? Biggest street tire made (that I know of) is a 355. Do the math.....
              So it is almost exactly as I first mentioned.....30mm.I knew I'd been through this before.
              Last edited by joshh; 02-17-2007, 01:10 AM.

Comment

lol

Still not seeing how there is any good argument here... You are comparing a track tire to a street tire. Thats like comparing J-Lo's ass to my skinny white ass, there are inherent differences...

Comment

lol

Still not seeing how there is any good argument here... You are comparing a track tire to a street tire. Thats like comparing J-Lo's ass to my skinny white ass, there are inherent differences...
                  Then maybe you should go back and read the last page. Drifting was mentioned and drifters do not use race tires. Clear yet. Following the thread helps.:up:
                  Last edited by joshh; 02-17-2007, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X