Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Track tips from Tiff, and some drifting links.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Track tips from Tiff, and some drifting links.

Bored, and not quite ready to sleep yet, so was looking up for a quote about drifting, and found this. And also discovered some helpful drifting links.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

drift stuff:
    Body kits are our specialty! More than 45 brands of body kits all in one store. We sell carbon fiber hoods, lambo doors, and ground effects.

What are the most popular cars used for drifting?
    The most popular and best suited drift cars have several things in common:
    • A front engine - rear wheel drive configuration
    • Decent power production
    • Well-balanced weight distribution from the factory
    • Light weight and high agility
    • A manual transmission
    BMW E30:
    Check, Check, Check, Check, Check.

and a technique FAQ:

I like feint best. saves my clutch.

merry christmas

i'd never seen that 5th gear vid. good compile of info BUT save a lot of time. download/watch "Drift Bible". it'll have 98% of the info you listed, in video, examples, techniques etc etc etc

but the only way to learn this is by actually going out and burning some rubber. the E30 is a great car for this and aside from my slight autocross addiction i've had two e30s just for drifting. i'm big on weight transfer and/with shift locking (drop clutch) to initiate. search members: rwdrift and e30_gaster they have drift spec cars

oh and merry christmas
    No more e30s for me.
    88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
    88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
    91 BMW 325i [sold]
    86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

I think a lot of people have seen how E30's are great candidates for drifting now, especially with the high demand/price for common drift machines like 240's and Corollas.

I bought my 318is after finding out how similar it is to an AE86 Corolla. I just wish the M42 had a little more aftermarket love, it's a pretty awesome engine with just a chip/cams/lightened flywheel. Hopefully a few of us here will be able to pave the way for discovering drift-oriented suspension setups.

-Brandon

Comment

yea, i have definitely recently gotten more into drifting and i am going to be spending some more time doing it after the engine/tranny swap gets done this spring.
        My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
        There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Working...
        X