No announcement yet.

E30 vs E46

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If its your first event, both will be equally slow.
    sigpic
    DE's are a tease.
    Build a racecar.

Comment

Don't underestimate Acura, they might be FWD, but believe me, they take handling and performance seriously.

I know this comment will get laughed at by ignorant people, but take an Acura for a spirited drive, namely a performance oriented one like a Type-S or Type-R/GS-R, but even the '90 Integra RS i drove handled very, very well and wasn't completely gutless.

Comment

E46 > E30

In this case only, because E30 is auto.
        Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN View Post
          and I'd top out at around 122-123
          do you have a 318? because i haven't had the pleasure of "topping out" the car, but i've had the speedo reading ~133 with go left in it. granted mine is a MarkD chipped 325i.
          Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

He was on a racetrack with a straight away and turns at the end not out being a cowboy on public roads.
            sigpic
            DE's are a tease.
            Build a racecar.

Comment

Originally posted by 155///MPH View Post
              He was on a racetrack with a straight away and turns at the end not out being a cowboy on public roads.
              hahahaha no shit!

Comment

Willow Springs is called the fastest track in the West. Only 9 turnes and 2 pretty good straights. That being said, I've got great footage of my E30 chasing a Ferrari Challenge race car around the track. I close up the gaps in the turns, but he pulls away in the straights.

The E30 will make you a better driver, the E46 will turn faster lap times.

Comment

staggered wheels are a nono for track ????

Comment

Originally posted by robmespeedy View Post
                    staggered wheels are a nono for track ????
                    It's a matter of taste, some people like the ass to stay planted better, but it tends to make the car plow because you can't step out the rear as easily.

Comment

Originally posted by silversleeper View Post
                      do you have a 318? because i haven't had the pleasure of "topping out" the car, but i've had the speedo reading ~133 with go left in it. granted mine is a MarkD chipped 325i.
                      What JP said. There was more in the car, just not enough pavement at the end of that back straight to allow me to use it. :D
                      Current Cars
                      2014 M235i
                      2009 R56 Cooper S
                      1998 M3
                      1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by O 16581 72452 5 View Post
                        Don't underestimate Acura, they might be FWD, but believe me, they take handling and performance seriously.
                        And yet another reason why you have zero credibility.

FWDs have to share accelerating, breaking and turning all in the same axles. Given the same conditions in power, suspension, etc.... a rwd will always have the handling advantage.
                        Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                        FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                        NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                        Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                        ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
                          Because i'm not ignorant and carry an open mind? I've raced a few FWD cars, while some suck, Honda and Acuras perform very well in turns IMO.

I had absolutely no plowing issues with my Integra, i actually tried pushing it to the limits to make it plow and insted the ass kicked out. I had a Civic Hatchback (base model with no sway bars, i had adjustable springs and shocks) i raced an MR2 with, the MR2 driver was pretty well known as a decent driver, i'd ride him through the turns and fall behind in the straights. I also raced a novice with a 240sx and he couldn't keep up for shit. The hatch however did have some tendacy to plow, but i have no doubt it would hang with an e30 (318.), possibly out perform it slightly in turns of equal suspension mods and tires. The problem i had that i don't have with the e30 though is brake fade, i suffered from it with that hatchback and i'm guessing it was from all the weight in the front and it having to use the shit out of those brakes that aren't intended for that kind of driving.

That hatch was my favorite handling car though, very, very responsive, and very predictable, no other car i've driven have i felt quite that in control of.
                          Last edited by O 16581 72452 5; 01-04-2007, 07:16 PM.

Comment

I beat an Enzo today.
                            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post

FWDs have to share accelerating, breaking and turning all in the same axles. Given the same conditions in power, suspension, etc.... a rwd will always have the handling advantage.
                              Correct, for the most part, but there are exceptions. Looks at mini coopers, celicas, rsx-s, integras, civics, they are all FWD but handle great and you can verify this through scca results against RWD cars...

I wouldn't say RWD will always have the handling advantage, especially not to an average driver.
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Oh granted there are exceptions, but I'm sure that driver's experience alone accounts for most of it, shortly followed by the fact that 1/2 the cars you mentioned weight significantly less than any rwd competitor.

Not even Miatas match the weight of an old school cooper.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X