No announcement yet.

E30 vs E46

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i shifted my auto tranny at buttonwillow all day long last year like it was some sort of steptronicthinger from 1989. the next day, i could only drive in reverse, so i just gave myself an excuse to do the tranny swap with my crashed 87. Not the best way to dispose of a slushbox, but abusing the life out of it was fun. 5spd + 4.10lsd = ftw, until [I] turbo.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Im dropping a gs-r motor in my 1700lb ef hatch. With 180hp moving that weight with 24 way adjustable coilovers and everything will be corner weighted i think i would hold my own quite well with most e30 fwd or not.
      I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Im not apposed to wiping my ass with my jizz rag

Comment

Originally posted by magoo_lc1 View Post
        Im dropping a gs-r motor in my 1700lb ef hatch. With 180hp moving that weight with 24 way adjustable coilovers and everything will be corner weighted i think i would hold my own quite well with most e30 fwd or not.

Still too heavy. Put it on a kart frame and I'll be impressed.

Oh, what does this have to do with the thread?

Comment

It's been over a month, which car did you take ? :)
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
            Oh, what does this have to do with the thread?
            Nothing at all......Sound like ricer talk to me
            90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

typical answer..Im 36 and far from a ricer. You wont see an alteeza light or body kit around my car....thanks

Comment

typical answer..Im 36 and far from a ricer. You wont see an alteeza light or body kit around my car....thanks
                Start your own thread and post pics. sounds neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                  It's been over a month, which car did you take ? :)
                  We ended up not going. Dad had to bump his vacation schedule a week so we missed out on the track day. The good thing is that I got to drive the Acura (CL type-S) up highway 1 (from San Luis Obispo to Lime Kiln). I was not impressed. The suspension tuning and steering response was not as good as the E30, and much worse than the E46. The brakes were also horrible; we experienced significant fade ON THE STREET. Plus, the (260hp) Acura was a dog. I swear it felt slower than either the 168hp E30 or 192hp E46. Either BMW would have smoked the Acura on the track, no question, even on a fast track like willow. Also, there were some minor annoyances like the climate control that didn't work very well.

On another day, Dad drove my E46 to Santa Barbara. He commented several times that it drove really "different". He said it had better "feel", better steering, better cornering, and was quieter on the highway than the Acura. He kept catching himself going 80-90 without realizing it. It was painful for him to admit that the Acura wasn't as good.

On yet another day, we dropped by our local BMW dealer in SLO. They had two M6's (a coupe and convert) and an M5 in the showroom. Plus a couple of E92 coupes. You should have seen it, he was like a little kid. My Mom and I couldn't get him out of there. After driving my car, and sitting in some new bimmers, he's seriously considering trading the Acura for an E92 coupe.

BMW vs Acura? BMW is the hands down winner in any category.

Comment

good for you...
                    what did your civic have to do with this thread???
                    90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Originally posted by O 16581 72452 5 View Post
                      Don't underestimate Acura, they might be FWD, but believe me, they take handling and performance seriously.

I know this comment will get laughed at by ignorant people, but take an Acura for a spirited drive, namely a performance oriented one like a Type-S or Type-R/GS-R, but even the '90 Integra RS i drove handled very, very well and wasn't completely gutless.
                      I was referring to p2 and 3 and was just expanding on this comment

Good idea about posting up pics of the car I all ready see what the comments would be like.

Comment

....this thread was worse than paint drying...................
                        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Working...
                        X