Forward exhaust removal '87 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forward exhaust removal '87 325is

I hate to start a new thread on this, but have spend 2-3 days searching this exhaust forum and the general internet to no avail.

Have the whole exhaust system loose and the rear half off the car. Have undone the 6 bolts from the exhaust manifold, and for the life of me cannot get the pipes to drop clear of the studs on the manifold, because it looks like the pipes are hitting the motor mount.

Please don't tell me I have to undo the motor mounts and raise the engine just to drop the exhaust????

Asking the general group here if there is another way to drop the pipes without further hassle. It can't really be his hard.......right?

Dropping the exhaust off my M3 is simply a matter of unbolting the exhaust from the header. This is my first experience trying to get the system off an E30 NON-M3 and I am not a happy camper..............
    sigpic'91 M3
    Bastos/Castrol DTM Tribute
    260,000miles and still
    an immense pleasure to drive.

"The original M3 is utterly brilliant in ways the people at M have either forgotten about or choose to ignore."

On our 325e cars, which havw the same manifolds, i just put a jack under the oil pan and lift the car a bit and it gives enough room. Maybr that means some bushing is in need of replacing in mine, but it works for taking that off

Comment

Appreciate the reply. I'll have a go at that. Might have to unbolt the mount, but I will give it a try.

Thanks.
      sigpic'91 M3
      Bastos/Castrol DTM Tribute
      260,000miles and still
      an immense pleasure to drive.

"The original M3 is utterly brilliant in ways the people at M have either forgotten about or choose to ignore."

Comment

Working...
      X