E36 Power Steering Pump Spacers for S54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E36 Power Steering Pump Spacers for S54

I have a power steering pump from an E36 328i that I am planning to use for my S54 swap since the S54 pump has different size banjo bolts than the E36 lines. The pump needs spacers in order for the pulley to line up with the other pulleys, but I haven't found a straight answer on the exact size of the spacer should be. I could just eyeball it, but I don't have a way to take an exact measurement to ensure that the belt lines up correctly and does not rub or wear unevenly if the pulleys are slightly misaligned. Does anyone know the exact thickness that the spacers should be?

It's been a long time since I did mine and I remember reading about needing spacers as well but when I put it on it didn't seem to need any spacers. If I recall correctly...
    Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
    COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Update. I ended up using some 5/16" ID X 3/4" thick steel spacers that I found at my local hardware store. They appear to align the power steering pump quite well. I guess we will find out once I start running the engine if my belt gets shredded or pops off.

Comment

Working...
      X