New '89 E30 Coupe Owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New '89 E30 Coupe Owner!

I just wanted to introduce myself and my new (to me) 1989 325i coupe! I picked it up and drove it home last night! It's the cleanest one I've found that someone didn't want a million dollars for!

The paint has some really bad runs in it, it needs a valve adjustment, it's got a couple coolant leaks and it needs a new center control bearing and guibo, A/C doesn't work but other than that it's in great shape!

Any tips on what the first maintenance things I should do are? The plan is to go forced induction. I've been out of the BMW game for about 10 years. Last one I owned was an E34 525i.

Previous owner did coolant hoses, brake pads, timing belt, water pump, and power steering lines/rack.

Tuneup...... Plugs,wires,rotor button and cap.

Comment

If you don't know the history of the timing belt I'd do it to be on the safe side. Do the water pump/thermostat while you're doing the belt. Have fun, welcome back!

Comment

Welcome! Car looks pretty clean! Not to far away from me so if you ever need help with anything shoot me a PM!

Comment

Originally posted by kid8 View Post
          If you don't know the history of the timing belt I'd do it to be on the safe side. Do the water pump/thermostat while you're doing the belt. Have fun, welcome back!
          The timing belt was done about 100 miles ago by the PO. I'm planning to go forced induction with the car so it'll be getting done when I do the ARP studs and MLS head gasket. It does need a new radiator as it's leaking.

Originally posted by ATL_E30 View Post
          Welcome! Car looks pretty clean! Not to far away from me so if you ever need help with anything shoot me a PM!
          Awesome man, sounds good! I appreciate it.

Comment

Cool, looks like a fun project. I would remove that brake pedal cover asap. Also... unfortunate username... Vlad...

I joke, kinda.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
              Cool, looks like a fun project. I would remove that brake pedal cover asap. Also... unfortunate username... Vlad...

I joke, kinda.
              Those pedal covers are already gone. They were the first things to go.

Also, it's really my first name. So I just make do with what I got haha.

Comment

Originally posted by vladtheimpaler View Post
                Those pedal covers are already gone. They were the first things to go.

Also, it's really my first name. So I just make do with what I got haha.
                Don't worry, no harm meant. Just a tease about an past person with the same name who caused too much drama. Carry on.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Working...
                X