• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRM - The Racers Market

Item Purchased: Custom Burned OBD1 S52 ECU Chip
    Ordered: Online

Impressions:

I contacted the staff at TRM regarding a need for a custom burned ECU chip for a modified OBD1 swapped S52 engine. I had been directed to TRM by some very close and trusted friends who had used TRM multiple times in the past.

From my initial contact with the staff at TRM, my questions, concerns, requests and specific requirements were met with nothing but professionalism.
    They took the time to listen to the specific requirements I was looking for, and what the ultimate use of the chip was for. The burn included everything from upgraded cams/injectors/lightweight flywheel and other modifications.

I paid for the chip online through their e-commerce website, and received a confirmation of the order almost immediately. The chip arrived in my hands no more than 7 days later. I had a UPS tracking number and a link to UPS Quantum ship sent to my email as soon as the chip had been shipped.

I was in the midst of resolving a number of issues on the car that stemmed from previous owners attempts at modifying the car for forced induction.
    During this process I discovered that the upgraded cam's that were supposed to be in the engine, were not present. I contact TRM about sending the chip back for a reburn as the current tune would no longer be correct. I believe TRM's policy for a reburn is a flat rate of $50. I was fully prepared and ready to pay for this service.

I shipped the chip back to TRM with new specifics on what the custom burn should be. TRM had my chip corrected and sent back to me within 4 days of receiving my chip originally. TRM did not even charge me for the reburn, let alone the cost of a reburn. Again, prompt service, update emails with tracking numbers were supplied.

The new chip arrived, and was subsequently installed in the car. The engine now runs flawlessly, with no issues, and makes great power throughout the entire RPM range.

Final Thoughts: I would reccomend TRM to anyone looking for a custom burned ECU chip for a M/S50 or M/S52 motor. I plan on utilizing TRM for any future ECU chip needs I may have for this current car, and any subsequent E36 M3 engined cars in the future.

4-star rating for TRM.

Sincere thanks to both Matt and the staff of TRM for their service, product, and overall professionalism.
    Below the radar...

Item Purchased: Custom Burned OBD1 S50US ECU Chip

Impressions:
    I contacted "matt" about getting a custom chip burned for EWS delete / 21.5 lb/hr injectors / 800 3.5" HFM for my S50US. The chip got burned and shipped to me immediately.

I had a chance to fire up the engine a few days ago and I've driven the car a couple of tens of miles so far. I used to have a Conforti EWS delete / 24 lb/hr injectors / 806 Euro HFM chip, and after porting a similar setup over to another car, it seems to have at the very least the same throttle response and power, if not better.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Item Purchased: TRM Stage 1 Turbo Setup with Blow Thru Custom Tuning
      Ordered: In Person

Impressions: wow s50 + e30 + boost = fun fun fun I love the setup and would recommend TRM to anyone looking for an amazing setup.

Comment

Item Purchased: OBD1 S52, 21.;5, 3.5 maf, kltw flywheel 91 oct.

Impressions: LOve it, Bret and Matt at TRM were absolutly great. Bought it after discussing via PM's and emails, I said I will upgrade to a SC chip soon and they affer a great deal on upgrades. The tune itself is nice but I dont have other tunes on this car to compare. Runs perfectly, really rips and transaction was top notch. I doubt I will ever choose another tuner except for TRM!

Comment

I just need to add to this thread...

Recently we have been fighting massing lean AFR's on a bone stock s50 motor. The typical resolutions, (FPR, pump, MAF, injectors, etc) didn't resolve anything.

After struggling with multiple brand new chips from some other common suppliers that wouldn't even start the car (EWS delete, and chips for red label 413), we called the guys at TRM.

Within 16 hours I had a new chip with a custom burn.
          This chip still left us with lean AFR's... BUT TRM continued to work with us over the phone and email. Another 16 hours later I had no less than 6 more ECU burns in my hand with different fuel maps, ignition maps, etc.

TRM has provided us with some of the most amazing service I've experienced in the last 2 years. I cannot recommend TRM more highly.

Thanks again guys!!
          Below the radar...

Comment

Matt and all the other guys at TRM are the BEST! He hooked me up and gave the best customer support I've ever experienced. Mad props to TRM
            1989 US E30 Cammed S52
            Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

Is Matt still at TRM?
              I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
              2875-C Towerview Road
              Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

^ I dont believe so but Mike McCoy is

Comment

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
                  Is Matt still at TRM?
                  he is around from time to time

Comment

i hate to bump an older thread, but i have a TRM chip in my M52 as well and it works pretty darn good.

also stopped by their shop today for a price check on a cage, and they were very helpful. shop isn't much to look at, but who cares, right?

i am 15 mins from them if anyone needs help in purchase or shipping of any items...
                    1988 325 "super ETA" - Hilde - M52B28 swapped...
                    1969 2002 - Griselda - 20VT AWP swap and full resto in progress...

sigpic

project blog - http://www.cynicalmotorsport.blogspot.com/

Comment

I sent them two emails rgarding a custom tune for a project S50+turbo but never got a response. I abandoned the project before pulling the trigger.
                      Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
                        I sent them two emails rgarding a custom tune for a project S50+turbo but never got a response. I abandoned the project before pulling the trigger.
                        I'm in the same boat. I need a tune and can't get these guys to respond. I have a track day in a few weeks and really want the car running properly.
                        1991 318is sold!
                        1989 325=track car--S52'd
                        Durango R/T for towing.
                        >>>Build thread<<<
                        M235i daily driver

Comment

Call them!!! They are a busy shop but they will call you back if you leave a messege

Comment

Anyone have problems with the engine burning oil once the chip was installed?

I started the car last night after a long rebuild but before putting the TRM tune, i was running a stock 413 chip and had no issues of burning oil. Once I installed the tune, there was a heavy amount of smoke.

Is there a time period that must be expected to allow the chip to settle all the mods on the engine?

MY BUILD THREAD
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=235231

INSTAGRAM : @luchcolaneri

Comment

OBD1 M52 with s52 cams and m50 manifold. Ive been running TRM chip since 09 and have put 30k miles on the swap and couldn't be happier.

bloodshot, not sure how the tune could cause oil consumption.. Put the stock chip back in and see if theres a difference maybe?

Comment

Working...
                              X