No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know anyone who is running Ground Control's "Bastard" 5 lug coilover setup? I've read it addresses the caster issue but cannot find any info beyond that. Emailed GC and been waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
      Anyone know anyone who is running Ground Control's "Bastard" 5 lug coilover setup? I've read it addresses the caster issue but cannot find any info beyond that. Emailed GC and been waiting.
      Ground control would be happy to answer those questions im sure. :)

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
        Ground control would be happy to answer those questions im sure. :)
        48 hours later and I'm still waiting.. I guess I forgot 90% of people on r3v are too poor to afford IE3s let alone GC's.
        Last edited by EN318isPDX; 10-03-2013, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by en318ispdx View Post
          anyone know anyone who is running ground control's "bastard" 5 lug coilover setup? I've read it addresses the caster issue but cannot find any info beyond that. Emailed gc and been waiting.
          530-677-8600
          1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomZoomBoom View Post
            530-677-8600
            Its 83 db in here, doubt they could understand me on the phone. By the time I am off work they are closed. Can you call them for me lol? I pulled this off there site and it makes me believe its what I am hoping

This kit is specifically designed for the e30 with e36 spindles. These front struts are completely different from the e36, although they are similar in appearance.
            Last edited by EN318isPDX; 10-03-2013, 12:41 PM.

Comment

You can't step outside or somewhere quiet on your lunchbreak? haha.

I'm at work and gave them a call and keep getting their voicemail.. Not sure why they would be closed today. Just got my shipment of upper shock mounts from them for the shop. I'll try again in a bit..
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                Im sure I can bring them down as well. I have to meet up with you anyways!
                You in Seattle Simon? Let me know if you want to swing by and take a look at the $500 porsche.

Oh and this is my 1000th post ... yay for me.
                Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                  You can't step outside or somewhere quiet on your lunchbreak? haha.

I'm at work and gave them a call and keep getting their voicemail.. Not sure why they would be closed today. Just got my shipment of upper shock mounts from them for the shop. I'll try again in a bit..
                  I suppose I could but email is just so much more convenient.. if they actually knew how to use a phone or computer..... lol

Comment

Originally posted by gerta View Post
                    you in seattle simon? Let me know if you want to swing by and take a look at the $500 porsche.

Oh and this is my 1000th post ... Yay for me.
                    ....944?

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                      ....944?
                      yeeeeeee
                      -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                      91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                      04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                      Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                      Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

I hope that it's better than my old one. Bought for $1,400, sold two weeks later for $1,800 once I had a better idea of what it had been through/needed.
                        Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                        2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                        2010 Buell XB9SX
                        2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                        1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                        1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                        1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                        2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                        2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

My buddy is picking up a 944 soon too. They are such maintenance whores

Comment

It's been real...

-Peter
                            '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                            '91 318is slicktop project
                            '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                            '00 Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                              ....944?
                              Yep. 168k on the odo. Runs and drives. Needs cosmetic help for sure. Will come with spares, coolant, and a chiltons.

I bought it to work on it with my son. Bought Wschnitz's eta instead. I dont have time to work on my 318is let alone a Porsche with work/school.

Firm on the price and it is already a good deal for what it is.

k.

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                                I hope that it's better than my old one. Bought for $1,400, sold two weeks later for $1,800 once I had a better idea of what it had been through/needed.
                                It needs work. Would be a good daily for somebody with a bit of elbow grease. Parts are reasonable (porsche wise) for the 944.

Comment

Working...
                                X