X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Flow Fuel Systems

http://www.highflowfuel.com/

Cliffs:

I placed an order expecting timely processing and shipping (as indicated on their site) of a fuel pump install kit. I filed a pre-emptive PayPal dispute when it looked like I was not going to receive the part as promised, and it appears I was correct in doing so.

Details:

From Buyer - 5/21/2013 13:49 CDT

I placed an order on your website last night. There is no record of the order in my account, and no one is answering the phone when I called (twice) to find out what is going on. I need this part ASAP and ordered it from your site because it said I would receive it by Priority Mail in 2-3 days. I am entering a dispute because there is no indication that I will recieve the part as promised.

From Buyer - 5/21/2013 15:16 CDT

After unsuccessfully trying to reach the seller twice more by telephone, I went ahead and sourced the part elsewhere. I would simply like a refund.

From Seller - 5/21/2013 17:25 CDT

This is unacceptable that you filed a case on us. You ordered the part last night. USPS tracking WAS [redacted] but we are obviously cancelling the order since you filed a dispute. Again, this is unacceptable as a customer to jump the gun like this. Good luck finding this part for the same price anywhere else!!

From Buyer - 5/21/2013 21:23 CDT

What's unacceptable is: 1) that your website didn't have any record of my order 18+ hours after I placed it; 2) that despite trying to reach someone by telephone no less than five times throughout the course of the day today I could not, and there is no voice mail on that line so callers can leave a message; and 3) after checking that tracking number in your reply, despite showing Priority Mail (and a 2-3 day arrival) as the method of shipping during checkout, it's actually coming First Class and scheduled to arrive 2-3 days later than it would have if it had been sent as your site advertised.

I drove nearly 100 miles round trip to get this part today, and I was happy to do it since I now have it in hand and can complete this time-sensitive repair instead of waiting until Saturday - or more likely Monday as it was being sent to a business address - for yours to arrive. Good day.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

So you gave them about 4 business hours and then filed a dispute? Tough customer.

Comment

Originally posted by fronton View Post
      So you gave them about 4 business hours and then filed a dispute? Tough customer.
      He backed out before something shady happened, and something shady happened

Originally posted by yert315
      Your mother is plug n play

Comment

I gave them more than 18 hours, which should be plenty of time for an e-commerce site to process an order. When there was still no record of it on their site AND I could not reach anyone by phone despite multiple attempts, I filed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayman View Post
          He backed out before something shady happened, and something shady happened
          Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
            I gave them more than 18 hours, which should be plenty of time for an e-commerce site to process an order. When there was still no record of it on their site, I filed.
            Is more than 18 hours like 19 hours? I thought you placed the order at night and filed the next day, so most of those 18.26+/- hours they weren't even open. I'm not saying they are not at fault, just that your response is pretty aggressive. Buying time sensitive parts online is not the way to go if you DEPEND on it in a short time frame and have no back up transportation but I agree that any business needs to do what they say they will do and mailing first class if you paid for priority is bogus.

Comment

...your response is pretty aggressive...
              Agreed, though it appears my suspicions were not unfounded.

Buying time sensitive parts online is not the way to go if you DEPEND on it in a short time frame and have no back up transportation...
              Also agreed. It's a time-sensitive repair because the car needs to be driven to a shop for other work I have scheduled on it later this week. Fortunately it's not my DD.

Comment

What happened with that Walbro you bought?

Comment

I have it; I'm putting it in after work.

Comment

As it turns out, the part was indeed shipped after I filed my dispute. So this afternoon the seller posted comments accusing me of trying to get the part for free, taking money out of the pockets of hard-working Americans, and escalated the dispute to a claim. Because of that, I was unable to comment any further. So I called PayPal and spoke to an extremely pleasant and helpful lady (who agreed the seller's comments and tactics were a bit silly).

I explained that getting one over on the seller was absolutely not my intent, and that I would gladly eat the purchase price for the opportunity to never do business with them again. Anyway she agreed with me, refunded both me and the seller the full purchase price, and thanked me for being a loyal customer. At the end of the day, everybody ended up with a favorable outcome.

Comment

wow
                      wait, so what day did it arrive?

Comment

It hasn't yet. It's scheduled to arrive Saturday, but since it's coming to my office that means I'll get it Monday - which is four days later than I need(ed) it.

Comment

it was a little soon to dispute but I feel that the sellers comment towards your posting was very unprofessional. Sounds like a 13 year old forum lurker got a hold of the company email.

Comment

Wow, you have no patience do you?
                            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

you impatient waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles. stop your waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesing bitching. Do you not realise they may have other orders to fill. Everytime I have ordered something online from the US to AUS its taken almost a month from order to my door. I waited 2 months for my last pelican order. Welcome to online ordering. I would of told you to waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles off too.

18hrs.. what a joke.
                              Boris - 89 E30 325i
                              84- E30 323i

Comment

Working...
                              X