e90 booster with S54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e90 booster with S54

I saw a lot of posts floating around about this, but I havent seen a final if this has been completed and if it works. Seems like a really good solution.
    Last edited by Staszek; 07-23-2018, 09:29 AM.
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Isn’t the MC very different in attachment and layout?
    1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
    5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW_TUNER View Post
      Isn’t the MC very different in attachment and layout?
      It is, although the E83 X3 fits in it and is reversed so it will work. I bought both and I am going to try it, its more plug and play than the other ones and definitely has better-stopping power. We will see!

Comment

well as you know, it's been done with an N52 - although with an N54 manifold, which is quite a bit smaller than the S54 airbox or N52 3-stage.

The good thing though is they are newer (unlike a 40 year old Porsche or 2002 booster) and they are dirt cheap.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Byron
          Leichtbau

Comment

Bought one, let you guys know how it works when I finally get around to installing the engine. It's definitely a lot smaller than the E30 booster, but bigger than the 2002. Its shorter than the IX. I am thinking I still may have to do some adjusting to the manifold, but not nearly as much as I would with an E30 booster.

Comment

Interested to hear how this works. My 2002 booster had zero clearance with the s54. I really had to jam the intake down to get it all to fit. I couldn't imagine fitting anything bigger in there.
              Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
              COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                Bought one, let you guys know how it works when I finally get around to installing the engine. It's definitely a lot smaller than the E30 booster, but bigger than the 2002. Its shorter than the IX. I am thinking I still may have to do some adjusting to the manifold, but not nearly as much as I would with an E30 booster.
                Is it any narrower than the IX booster?

Comment

Working...
                X