No announcement yet.

Lagunengrun 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake bleeding is a lovely, very easy thing to learn to do and once you know how, its an easy thing to do quickly as a diagnostic tool for less than ideal pedal feel.
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Don't be fooled by the pictures, the paint is very faded and peeling. The car sat inside for 8 years, but the previous owner moved it and let it sit outside for 2 years and the sun really beat on it. I plan to get a full respray once I have it all mechanically dialed in. Might be in awhile, but it's in the plans.

The wheels well turned out great, they could've used one more coat all around, but I think it will be fine.

If this heater core valve ends up working I may just leave it, because that is an expensive part.

Hopefully I will have an extra hand when bleeding the brakes, but if not Im sure it will go well. Just got the remanufactured rear calipers in, I love new clean parts, very satisfied with these. And at $45 each I may just replace the fronts as well, but well see.

Comment

Got my h&r sports today! Installed the rears and got about halfway through the fronts when I realized I need to get a new nut for the strut, Those nylon lock nuts are single use right?

Picking up this Recaro LX this Friday as well, just need to find a decent passenger so I can get them recovered [emoji41] If anybody knows of one let me know. I was also looking at Corvette C4 Seats, they seem like they might be a nice fit into e30s, and they have power bases. Would be cool to utilize that, has anyone sat in these seats before?

Comment

This angle is overplayed, but more progress. Front and rear calipers and ss brake lines on. Didnt bleed them yet, gotta get the front springs and housings on first. Also new(to me) parts, just an oem catback. Getting super close to getting her back on the road

Comment

1991 Lagunengrun 325i

Seats till I can find a second recaro, fabric is a little worn but foam is is amazing condition and super comfy. Going to mock up some brackets later this week, hopefully can utilize the stock mounts/sliders.

Last edited by mbonanni; 10-17-2017, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Got the front all buttoned up yesterday. Rented a spring compressor and inner tie rod puller to finish the job. Didnt care much about taking pics, Was too focused on the car

Hoping to have her back on the ground today.

Comment

Was able to get the brakes bled and wheels on yesterday. Put in anothherr pair of seats I got, then drove to the gas station to fill the tank and the tires. Decided to do a drive threw car wash as well.

Came out to the car today and it wont start. Cranks over but wont fire. I am thinking it is not getting any spark because I can hear the fuel pump running after I stop cranking. Ill look into this more this week.

I also had a weird issue when turning right sharply, I would get a little over 1/2 threw the rotation of turning right (from center) and then the steering wheel wanted turn on its own. I had to actually hold the wheel and resist it from turning. I need to do an alignment still so that might be it, but any other ideas?

Comment

Gave the fuel filter a few taps and she came to life, so I put a new one in. I also have a pinhole leak in one of my coolant hoses so I took it off and taped it up till a new one comes in.

Registration, smog, and alignment coming this week.

Comment

and wheels soon after?? haha

This is coming along nicely. Lagunengrun is a lovely color, but sadly most have failed clearcoat. I found a sedan up in your area that was almost exactly what I wanted, but the paint killed the deal for me
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

1991 Lagunengrun 325i

Haha, you already know wheels are next [emoji41]

If I'm thinking of the same car then I talked to the guy selling that sedan a few time. Good thing you didn't buy it cause the trans just took a shit on him.

The paint being shot was a downside, but I'm already saving for a respray. Going to try and convince my parents to go in with me as a graduation gift cause they keep asking me what I want. As if them helping keep me afloat while in school wasn't enough.. Interior will come before that though, hopefully over the winter, but we will see how the car acts in the mean time. Im sure there are going to be more bugs to work out from sitting 10 years.

Comment

Fingers crossed

Comment

Annndd after 10 years of being off the road she is finally legal again!

Comment

Nice! Congrats!
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Thank you, it's been way too long since I've been in an e30. Decided I had some extra time so I also make a quick DMV visit and got the tags. 11 year difference, pretty crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                                Thank you, it's been way too long since I've been in an e30. Decided I had some extra time so I also make a quick DMV visit and got the tags. 11 year difference, pretty crazy.
                                Just think of what you were doing in 2007 when this car got parked!.. I had just moved to Seattle and was still messing with mk1 VWs...

My Datsun Roadster got parked in 1986, my wife wasnt even born yet!
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X