No announcement yet.

Garagetotal Kuhfänger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love your thread and photography. It inspires me to go wrench on my car. It'll look awesome with that front valence painted and installed. You should get the pin stripping done on the new fender to continue with the theme and match the rest of the car!
    1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
    SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
    Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      I love cowcatchers so much. Car looks so mean with it

I think they look sick too. But why on earth are they called cow catchers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
        I think they look sick too. But why on earth are they called cow catchers?

If you're from a rural area, on backroads you'll see grates that are built across the width of the road that keep cows from going places you don't want them too. They can't cross the grates or they'll get stuck.

Comment

^ While mostly factually correct, there's not really any connection I'm aware of between the grates in a road and the front valence of an ('87) E30.

The cow catcher name comes from the triangular frame built onto the fronts of trains, and even some 18 wheelers, which is designed to forcibly move large objects (livestock) out of the way without having to slow down.

Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
            ^ While mostly factually correct, there's not really any connection I'm aware of between the grates in a road and the front valence of an ('87) E30.

The cow catcher name comes from the triangular frame built onto the fronts of trains, and even some 18 wheelers, which is designed to forcibly move large objects (livestock) out of the way without having to slow down.

Oh nice. I just assumed the slots in the valence resembled grates and thats why people called them that.

Comment

That gif has had me rolling for a while now. I want one on my E30 haha
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

lolol I assumed because of the grates but it never really made sense to me that that would transfer to an e30 valance...either way its kind of hilarious
                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Alright. Still no reply from KAMotors. I took a photo of where the filter enclosure is hitting.

Circle A is the top of the ABS. Circle B is the line coming out of the radiator towards the firewall and down.

I can't close the hood with the filter bolted up because it sits atop the ABS. I can't divert it to the right side like I see in all the photos because the side of the filter meets that line from the radiator.

Since KAMotors won't respond I need you guys' help.

Comment

Comment

Looking!!
                      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Comment

You started at a very similar starting point as I did, great progress. What did you do to restore the color in your door tray? I have the same interior/exterior color combo as you and my door cards are bugging me.

Comment

Originally posted by MCreally? View Post
                            You started at a very similar starting point as I did, great progress. What did you do to restore the color in your door tray? I have the same interior/exterior color combo as you and my door cards are bugging me.
                            Water and Vinegar Dilution with Magic Eraser.

Comment

Originally posted by oprahhwinfreyy View Post
                              Alright. Still no reply from KAMotors. I took a photo of where the filter enclosure is hitting.

Circle A is the top of the ABS. Circle B is the line coming out of the radiator towards the firewall and down.

I can't close the hood with the filter bolted up because it sits atop the ABS. I can't divert it to the right side like I see in all the photos because the side of the filter meets that line from the radiator.

Since KAMotors won't respond I need you guys' help.

Your not doing something right, pic of it somewhat installed? I've seen these installed on swapped cars and b25/27 and there's no issue. I can see your trans cooler line hitting it but other than that that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by E30335i View Post
                                Your not doing something right, pic of it somewhat installed? I've seen these installed on swapped cars and b25/27 and there's no issue. I can see your trans cooler line hitting it but other than that that's it.

Ill send a photo of it mocked up by the end of today.

Comment

Working...
                                X